Question For Small To Medium Sized Home-Based

Business By lrlt2000 Updated 23 Aug 2011 , 2:12am by lrlt2000

lrlt2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lrlt2000 Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 3:37pm
post #1 of 3

I am considering building a small addition about the size of a laundry room to use as my home kitchen (I cannot do it from my main kitchen because I have cats).

I'm only exploring at this time, and plan on getting two estimates based on a rough design I am doing myself.

My question is: have any of you done something like this, or gotten one of those mobile kitchens? If so, have you found you have enough space? What mistakes did you make as far as space planning and what things do you wish you had done?

Thanks!

2 replies
MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 7:19pm
post #2 of 3

First thing I suggest you do is contact your zoning board... And do you mean building a very small commercially equipped kitchen, or a residential-type home kitchen?

lrlt2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lrlt2000 Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 2:12am
post #3 of 3

It would be outfitted as a laundry room for resale value (it wouldn't sell around here as a "second kitchen" where it would be located), but then I would use either small scale commercial appliances that are not fixtures. My contractor can figure out any zoning issues. I will discuss with him the potential for conflict--thanks for the suggestion!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%