$20,000 For That??? Seriously???

Lounge By bobwonderbuns Updated 23 Aug 2011 , 9:51pm by imagenthatnj

vgray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgray Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 6:11pm
post #31 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by knlcox

I don't think they paid for that cake at all. I heard on the news, (yes the NEWS and the news anchor actually said "Breaking News" sarcastically, lol) that most of the wedding was paid for by sponsors and donations. WHY?? Why would anyone at all GIVE them what they can afford to pay?? I really never understood that line of thinking.

Because for some unknown reason, they have a HUGE following. Giving celebrities stuff for free is a way of marketing for these companies. Since that bakery did Kim K's cake they are thinking her fans will contact them to do their wedding cake as well. They are going to spend that much in advertizing over the year anyway so why not use an event like this to advertize. I about died when I read the this wedding is the equivalent of the royal wedding for Americans. Are these people serious?! icon_confused.gif

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 6:15pm
post #32 of 61

I don't have a tv so have no idea who these people are and what they do (I listen to the radio so first I'm hearing about them is with this wedding this week). Anyway.......... just to add my two cents, as lovely as that cake looks I can't see what cost that amount. These 'celebrity' people are the reason I got rid of my tv to start with!

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 6:38pm
post #33 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

I have to say, I wish the whole Kardashian clan would take a long walk off a short pier. I am so absolutely sick to DEATH of all of the reality show garbage. I refuse to watch any of it, and this is a perfect example of the ridiculous amounts of money they use to wipe their asses while honest hard working people are struggling to make ends meet. Wow, ok, I am sorry for sounding so b*tchy, and hope none of you are offended by my obviously crappy attitude at this exact moment, you know thats not my intent. I just can't understand what is wrong with the public in general that we make these people SO rich and they don't DO anything. We watch them floss their teeth and they get $42k. It just makes me so sad. We continue to struggle through life while they sleep in a 15 mil mansion on their 20k sheets. And they didn't 'earn' any of it. Hose bags.

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

I believe I posted something similar in another Kardashian cake post. If anyone is a 'fan' of the super 'K's PLEASE explain to me why!? They do NOTHING! 'Housewives' of everywhere? They go to lunch and bitch about each other! I hate this lack-of-reality programming and the message it sends to our kids. 'Hey if you do something stupid for 24 hours a day we'll make you a star!'

ConnieJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConnieJ Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 6:39pm
post #34 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthburn

I'd have done it for $10,000

icon_smile.gif

thumbs_up.gif

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 7:03pm
post #35 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

Don't be misled...the guys in the picture are 2 1/2 feet tall

lmao.. you made me laugh out loud at work... and made my day.

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 7:08pm
post #36 of 61

I read that no only did they not spend a penny on the wedding or reception, they actually MADE money from everything. All the costs that will be published are costs if one of US were to have those items.

These people have no concept of the real world.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 7:21pm
post #37 of 61

Yah they sold the rights to the pictures of the wedding for some CRAZY amount. Giving free stuff to the super rich is how this world works. But, us shlubs that fall somewhere in the middle pay out the nose for every little thing. Sickening.

sugarlover Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarlover Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 7:31pm
post #38 of 61

Kim got famous by doing a sex tape with an R&B singer. Other than that she's a nobody!

Melvira Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 7:37pm
post #39 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarlover

Kim got famous by doing a sex tape with an R&B singer. Other than that she's a nobody!

So... what I'm hearing here is that all I have to do is leak that little video I have of me and Usher? Hahaha. Kidding of course. icon_lol.gif

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 7:38pm
post #40 of 61
Quote:

Quote:

So... what I'm hearing here is that all I have to do is leak that little video I have of me and Usher? Hahaha. Kidding of course. icon_lol.gif

LOL!!

caymancake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caymancake Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 7:48pm
post #41 of 61

Apparently the latest article said that the cake wasn't even served - there was another cake that was served...so for all we know it could just be the one tier that was cut and the rest is just a dummy cake? LOL - but I'm with everyone - for $20k, I would have expected something a little more elaborate.

sugarlover Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarlover Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 7:52pm
post #42 of 61

@Melvira you might become famous! LOL just kidding

Melvira Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 8:02pm
post #43 of 61
Quote:

@Melvira you might become famous! LOL just kidding

Woot woot! I won't forget all you 'little people' when I do. I'll send you each one complimentary cupcake! hahahahahaha!!!

mariacakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariacakestoo Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 8:03pm
post #44 of 61

Agree with all the Kardashian bashing, believe me, but their frivolous spendnig keeps a lot of regular peeps employed, ya know? So who have turned down $20,000 from them for their cake? Anyone? No one? Really....huh.

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 8:09pm
post #45 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariacakestoo

Agree with all the Kardashian bashing, believe me, but their frivolous spendnig keeps a lot of regular peeps employed, ya know? So who have turned down $20,000 from them for their cake? Anyone? No one? Really....huh.

True about they can help keep the economy going with all the spending, but the bakery donated the cake to their wedding. They didn't pay a dime for it. And I heard too that her ring only cost Kris a fraction of what it was worth.

I wonder how many other bakeries are now going to get the request for a free wedding cake as long as the couple advertises who baked it. I know some of us already get those requests, but I'm wondering if we're going to see a spike in that number.

mariacakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariacakestoo Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 8:21pm
post #46 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose_N_Crantz

True about they can help keep the economy going with all the spending, but the bakery donated the cake to their wedding. They didn't pay a dime for it. .

But the bakery paid their employees. The venue paid their employees. The caterer paid their cooks, etc., etc. The employees didn't say "Oh hells yeah, Imma gonna work on this cake for free cause The Kardashian clan is gonna give me a shout out!" icon_confused.gif

enchantedcreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enchantedcreations Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 9:06pm
post #47 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by knlcox

I don't think they paid for that cake at all. I heard on the news, (yes the NEWS and the news anchor actually said "Breaking News" sarcastically, lol) that most of the wedding was paid for by sponsors and donations. WHY?? Why would anyone at all GIVE them what they can afford to pay?? I really never understood that line of thinking.

Because they're getting free "PR", that's why. You can't put a price on that. Yes, it's crazy because those groups of people can well afford to pay for their own wedding and all the glitz that goes along with it, but that's part of their "show". You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.... So many companies, etc. out there will do anything just to get their name/business associated with someone famous. Now they can advertise they made so and so's cake! Yippee

fondantgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantgrl Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 4:21am
post #48 of 61

Vera Wang do NOT donate her gowns nor she gives them away... Vera Wang is more of a class act.

Katiebelle74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katiebelle74 Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 4:54am
post #49 of 61

yes why oh why can a dress designer get her cash but a cake designer everybody wants a freebie even the filthy rich.

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 5:31am
post #50 of 61

almost- note i said Almost- makes ya wonder why we dont have a royalty class here in the states with as much as most ppl obsess over celebs and what not- really.. i dont mean celebs and govt as the royalty part.. ah well.. thats as far as i wanna go with my musings tonight.. still wanna see better pics of the cake anyways lol

cs_confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cs_confections Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 5:45am
post #51 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by fondantgrl

Vera Wang do NOT donate her gowns nor she gives them away... Vera Wang is more of a class act.

According to another story I read earlier today and from what I heard when listening to Entertainment Tonight while working on the computer, Vera actually did donate three gowns to Kim. I don't know if they have the clips they aired on their website, but here's a write up from earlier in the day. It doesn't specify how many gowns, but they said 3 were donated during the airing. http://www.etonline.com/tv/113566_Kim_K_to_Make_179_M_off_Wedding/index.html

They also said the cake, which was valued at $15000, was also donated. It's nuts that so much is lavished upon those who can actually afford those items. The designers and other merchants would actually impress me if they would charge the celebrities full price, but then donate those funds to legitimate charities - then they're still donating their goods, but the major benefit is going to those who actually need it and the merchant still gets attention.

Kaykaymay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaykaymay Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 5:47am
post #52 of 61

This is a video posted by E the cake is in the video. Still not a detail shot but the best i've seen so far.

http://www.eonline.com/news/first_look_video_inside_kim_kardashians/259553

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaykaymay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaykaymay Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 6:07am
post #54 of 61

Dare I say I actually like the show and i think Vera Wang is a close friend of the family from what i've seen, so its not really strange that she would give her the dress as a gift.

Dont be so mean ppl. We just want a good look at the cake, that all. Seems like some ppl dont like them bcuz they are rich and famous and they've done nothing to deserve it.

I hope the people in somalia dont hate me bcuz I have three square meals everyday (filthy rich in comparison) and i have done nothing to deserve it.

chocolatestone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocolatestone Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 6:13am
post #55 of 61

I don't know why people hate on people like the Kardashians when it is in fact the people who have made them who they are today. I have to say they might not possess the conventional talents that a lot of us expect them to have but they sure as hell have a talent for making money. There is a certain level of brilliance that goes with making money from doing "nothing". I wish I could do that. They know how to make the most of opportunities given to them and I think that a lot of us don't know how to do that. Yes they had a rich dad but they lost their dad a long time ago and if they didn't reach out and grab a hold of the opportunities that they were faced with then they wouldn't be where they are today.

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 6:16am
post #56 of 61

Hahahaha - I had no idea that Seacrest turned it into a money maker... NOW it all makes sense. I have an unnamed family member that closely works for him (basically any time he's on the radio, my XXXXXXX is there) and believe me, Seacrest is singularly focused on building an entertainment empire and making boatloads of cash... and he's doing a very good job of it. I've seen people defend the Kardashians as being business people and all that junk - when the truth is they are just puppets to the biggest entertainment mastermind since Dick Clark. All those bimbos have to do is show up and smile (or cat fight, whatever sells more ad time). Seacrest is the one behind everything.

My point though is, even though stuff was donated, I see the bakery getting the most ROI. $20,000 can't buy the type of national exposure they just got, and I bet their phones will be burning up for everything from cupcakes to knock-off cakes for a long time to come.

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 6:18am
post #57 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaykaymay

Dare I say I actually like the show and i think Vera Wang is a close friend of the family from what i've seen, so its not really strange that she would give her the dress as a gift.

Dont be so mean ppl. We just want a good look at the cake, that all. Seems like some ppl dont like them bcuz they are rich and famous and they've done nothing to deserve it. BINGO!

I hope the people in somalia dont hate me bcuz I have three square meals everyday (filthy rich in comparison) and i have done nothing to deserve it.

If you or your significant other works then you deserve to have 3 meals a day because you pay for them. Having cameras follow you around while you pose, have fake arguments and get free merchandise is not work. Nor is it talent.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 6:30am
post #58 of 61
Quote:

I am so absolutely sick to DEATH of all of the reality show garbage. I refuse to watch any of it, and this is a perfect example of the ridiculous amounts of money they use to wipe their asses while honest hard working people are struggling to make ends meet.

Ditto. Here's two reality shows you will never see -

Real Grandmothers Raising Their Grandchildren In The Ghetto

and

Real Unsubsidized Family Farms Facing Foreclosure

Theresa icon_smile.gif

xoxoemilyrae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xoxoemilyrae Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 3:56pm
post #59 of 61
Quote:

Actually, Vera Wang did give the Kardashian's their dresses as a wedding "gift." All 3 of Kim's, plus the bridesmaids and MOB dresses.

fondantgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantgrl Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 5:34pm
post #60 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoemilyrae

Quote:

Actually, Vera Wang did give the Kardashian's their dresses as a wedding "gift." All 3 of Kim's, plus the bridesmaids and MOB dresses.

OK then my bad.. But Vera Wang is another one who is rich because she does what she does well.. If these donors wanted to give away their stuff to Kim, then that is their business.. I'm sure they know what they are doing and they can afford to give or donate them . At least Ryan Seacrest works hard..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%