Need Tips On Making Gumpaste Tulips

Decorating By HammIamm Updated 2 Apr 2016 , 10:02am by graceland52

HammIamm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HammIamm Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 4:58pm
post #1 of 7

Hi, i was wondering if you gumpaste experts could help me out with making tulips, should I use floral wire and do each pedal individually??? or is there an easier way?? also, what do you use/do to get the pedals to "cup" ????

thanks for any help

6 replies
cake-angel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake-angel Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 5:53pm
post #2 of 7

Bump!!

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 8:17pm
post #3 of 7

If you will pm me your email address I will send you instructions for making gumpaste Tulips. I find them one of the easier flowers to make in sugar and they are quite fast as well.

Here is one I made with this method.
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=ShirleyW&cat=0&pos=155

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 8:23pm
post #4 of 7

I'm not an expert by a loooonnnngg shot. I'll leave that to ShirleyW. BUT, in my photos-May Wedding- I have some gumpaste tulips. My cake buddies and I did them we put them in egg cartons to get the "cup" look!

Hope this helps! Good Luck!

Beth in KY

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 8:40pm
post #5 of 7

Beth, I am not an expert either. There are many sugar flower artists who are much better than me. One would be a member here, Stewart (theflowerguy) I just am a fast learner and love doing gumpaste flowers. My way of making them is Nic Lodge's method.

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 9:20pm
post #6 of 7

ShirleyW: Girl....you ROCK! But, it's nice that you remain humble and give credit where credit is due.
I only hope to be as good as other CCer's in the sugar flower arena SOMEDAY!

Beth in KY

graceland52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
graceland52 Posted 2 Apr 2016 , 10:02am
post #7 of 7

Hi Shirley.  I made all my roses and gardenias for a wedding out of gumpaste and they were stunning.   Would you include me in your loop for making gumpaste tulips?   I would love to learn.

Thanks in advance

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%