Cookie Between Frosting In A Layer Cake? Help!!

Decorating By lynn214 Updated 22 Aug 2011 , 12:28am by Bonnell

lynn214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynn214 Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 9:37pm
post #1 of 7

I remember reading something on CC about a cookie being baked in the same size pan as the cake, and then sandwiched between layers of cake with icing... I think it was something along those lines, anyway... but can't bring it up, obviously not searching for the correct combination of words!
Can anyone point me in the right direction?

6 replies
traci_doodle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci_doodle Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 10:07pm
post #2 of 7

I've never heard of that, so I can't help you there, but I thought I'd further suggest that I've heard of people making cookie dough without the eggs, and just adding a little milk for consistency add putting that between layers. Either way it sounds yummy!

cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 10:21pm
post #3 of 7

You can bake a cookie in the same size pan as your cake, just be sure not to overload the pan so it can cook through. What you do then is lightly ice between the layers and on the top of the cookie and then set the top layer on all of it. It is really yummy and I'm sure it will be loved! Good luck
evelyn

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynn214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynn214 Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 10:59pm
post #5 of 7

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! xxx

tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 11:09pm
post #6 of 7

I have never heard of this before, but I followed the thread and I'm thinking, Hmmm..this looks yummy! I get to try it first!

Then I'm thinking, why not use a good quality store bought cookie and break it into bite size pieces, but lay it flat? Vanilla Wafers, Oreo's, Graham crackers...Yumo! Can't wait to try it!

Bonnell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bonnell Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 12:28am
post #7 of 7

I crumbled Nutter Butter cookies between layers of a chocolate cake with peanut butter icing and it was really good. The cookies actually stayed crunchy which kind of surprised me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%