I Use To Get Excited

Lounge By littlewoman Updated 21 Aug 2011 , 10:42pm by QTCakes1

littlewoman Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 6:29pm
post #1 of 5

I use to get excited about doing a cake just so I could put my picture up on Cake Central and hear what people thought I never get comments good or bad any more so I think I am done....

4 replies
JGMB Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 6:40pm
post #2 of 5

Do you mean done posting photos on here, or done decorating? I hope it's not the latter, because you're very, very good at it! thumbs_up.gif

cakesbycathy Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 6:52pm
post #3 of 5

This comes up from time to time with people complaining about how noone comments on their pics. There are tons of reasons why people may view pics but don't leave a comment. You CANNOT take it personally.

There are literally hundreds of people that post pics to this site. It is impossible for all of them to receive comments. Is it nice to get comments about your cakes? Of course it is. Should you expect comments. NO, you shouldn't.

Honestly you will be doing yourself a favor if you don't let your feelings get hurt when you don't get a comment on your cake pic. Post pics because you want to share them, not so you'll get feedback.

OR get a FB page and post them on there. I'm sure all your friends will be happy to say something about them.

LisaPeps Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 10:36pm
post #4 of 5

I agree with PP, I very very rarely look through the galleries unless I am searching for a cake I need to attempt. The only cakes I look at on a daily basis are the most saved. And even then I only add to favourites, I comment if I want to know how something is done. Its not a knock on the talent here which isn't seen, it's just that people don't have time to trawl through the thousands of cakes on here and comment on each one. I get a buzz if people notice my cakes but if they don't then it doesn't dishearten me, some of my favourite cakes have a handful of views and a couple of favourites. It doesn't mean they're less special or well produced in my eyes.

QTCakes1 Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 10:42pm
post #5 of 5

I never understood why people get so upset when they don't get comments on their photos. It is not personal, ever. As adults, I would think we would take it for a grain of salt and not have expectations from other adults about it. So, don't post pics.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%