Sleepless Nights Thinking About Cake

Lounge By molly_36 Updated 21 Aug 2011 , 9:28pm by yummy_in_my_tummy

molly_36 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
molly_36 Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 4:41pm
post #1 of 10

Hi there everyone. Was just wondering if any of you CC'ers dream of cake like I do? I'm just a hobbiest with a large family so I often spend my weekends making cakes for them. Because I don't have room to store a stacked cake in my fridge, I'm working on finishing it up just hrs before its due. I often don't sleep or when I do sleep, I dream of the cake I'm working on and what I have left to do to finish it up. Crazy!
My boss at my real job probably wonders why I'm so exhausted come Monday morning!!! LOL.
Am I the only one who does this?

9 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 7:58pm
post #2 of 10

You'll get over it after a while icon_biggrin.gif I used to be like that when I was first cake-obsessed. It took about a year to get over it. Now I only dream cake when I'm in the middle of trying something new.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 8:09pm
post #3 of 10

.........I often don't sleep or when I do sleep, I dream of the cake I'm working on and what I have left to do to finish it up...........Am I the only one who does this?.......

Heavens NO icon_smile.gif I think probably 95% of us are in the same boat.
I 'retired' from decorating several yrs ago but I still occasionally will dream about cakes.

MollyHammond Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MollyHammond Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 8:42pm
post #4 of 10

From one Molly to another-I have the same problem and I have to yippy skippy in the AM to motivate people. I feel the same way!
Molly Hammond

CarolWI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolWI Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 9:00pm
post #5 of 10

I am so right there with you!!!

molly_36 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
molly_36 Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 9:11pm
post #6 of 10

Well I'm glad I'm in good company thumbs_up.gif

CarolWI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolWI Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 9:24pm
post #7 of 10

When I'm "Sleepless in Wisconsin", I'll think of the rest of you AND I'll toast us all with a big mug of coffee icon_smile.gif

rpaige Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rpaige Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 9:25pm
post #8 of 10

Glad to see this post! I lose so much sleep worrying and obsessing about any project I am working on. Every issue seems so much BIGGER in the middle of the night. I lay awake and toss and turn. I can see every potential disaster in the making! My hubby wonders why I love this hobby because I clearly look and act crazy until the cake is done and delivered. I could never be a baker full time - I'm pretty sure that I could not bake while wearing a straight jacket - LOL.

maramyjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maramyjo Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 9:27pm
post #9 of 10

I'm a hobbiest as well, but instead of dreaming about my cakes, I wake up in the middle of the night worrying or trying to figure out how to make something better. Drives me nuts.

yummy_in_my_tummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy_in_my_tummy Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 9:28pm
post #10 of 10

I'm right there with you guys! I toss and turn all night long, because I'm so nervous that I'm going to find the cake on the kitchen floor instead of the counter in the morning! lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%