Cream Cheese Icing

Decorating By Kimmberly1 Updated 22 Aug 2011 , 12:01am by Kimmberly1

Kimmberly1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmberly1 Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 2:19am
post #1 of 7

Has anyone ever had any luck using cream cheese icing for decorating a cake? Like for the boarders and covering?

6 replies
msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 2:29am
post #2 of 7

I made a version of cream cheese icing where I added a bar of cream cheese to my already made buttercream (Sugarshack's recipe for buttercream). I was able to decorate my cake with it because it was much firmer. If you make cream cheese frosting with the usual cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar, you will probably have to add more powdered sugar to get it thick enough to decorate with. Use clear vanilla for flavoring so your frosting will be white.

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 2:46am
post #3 of 7

Definitely. Ratios are 8 ounces butter, 8 ounces cream cheese, 2 pounds Powderd Sugar, and extracts. Frosts well and pipes like a dream.

Kimmberly1 Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 3:06am
post #4 of 7

my friend has requested a red velvet cream cheese piano cake for her son who is leaving for college. I have not agreed yet! I'm not a professional bur am my worst critic! I usually only decorate with buttercream.

Creativebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creativebakes Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 3:47am
post #5 of 7

There is a great recipe on this site "decorators cream cheese" It's great for piping and crusts well thumbs_up.gif

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 9:33pm
post #6 of 7

This is what I use and it works wonderfully. Nice crusting cream cheese frosting.

1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
16 ounces cream cheese, softened
3 1/2 pounds powdered sugar
1 tablespoon pure vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt

Kimmberly1 Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 12:01am
post #7 of 7

I'm going to try this one also. Cause I want to pipe a crisp shell border.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%