Need B-Day Cake Idea Please :)

Decorating By krumbledkakes Updated 22 Aug 2011 , 6:44pm by krumbledkakes

krumbledkakes Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 4:01am
post #1 of 6

My nephew and husbands birthday is coming up in just a few weeks, and I'm going to be making them a cake for a shared birthday.

I was going to do 2 layers, one for each (8" & 6" ). Since I'm just beginning, I don't want to do anything really crazy or something I won't be able to achieve, but want to really personalize it for each of them.

My nephew is going to turn 11, hubby 25. Nephew loves action/superhero movies, LOVES listening to music of all types, and video games.

Hubby also LOVES video games, career in electronics, & loves scary movies.

I want to try to incorporate the things they love, but feel that the cake will be way too busy to try to put it all on. Plus, I've only done really girly cakes and not really sure how to make a male cake.

Any ideas/color schemes would be wonderful and very much appreciated!

5 replies
krumbledkakes Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 4:03am
post #2 of 6

And I just realized I posted in the wrong forum, if I could figure out how to delete posts I would move it

Mandyjb74 Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 9:53am
post #3 of 6

sounds like the common theme is video games have you considered doing a cake in the shape of their favorite console (xbox etc) and then maybe a cake in the shape of a tv with a birthday message for both on the screen? it sounded like you wanted to do a tiered cake but these 2 things would be less compicated as they are both basically square cakes
just an idea

kakeladi Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 10:14am
post #4 of 6

.....going to do 2 layers, one for each (8" & 6" ). ......

Sounds like you mean a two tier cakeicon_smile.gif A layer is one cake - usually 2" tall. A tier is usually 4" consisting of two 2" layers w/filling between them.

Since they both enjoy video games I think Mandyjb's idea is good = do something along that line.

krumbledkakes Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 6:55pm
post #5 of 6

Lol yes I did mean tiers, brain obviously didn't work last night

krumbledkakes Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 6:44pm
post #6 of 6

Ty for the ideas, will definately start thinking about how I can pull it off!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%