Sheet Cakes Are The Worst(For Me At Least)

Decorating By weidertm24 Updated 20 Aug 2011 , 3:01am by jules5000

weidertm24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weidertm24 Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 2:39am
post #1 of 4

I can NEVER get my sheet cakes to stay in one piece when transferring them to the cake board. Even if I use multiple cakes to make it into one sheet cake.

Any suggestions?

3 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 2:45am
post #2 of 4

You can handle them slightly frozen or always keep them on a board that's slightly smaller.

Tammies_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tammies_Cakes Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 2:56am
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by weidertm24

I can NEVER get my sheet cakes to stay in one piece when transferring them to the cake board. Even if I use multiple cakes to make it into one sheet cake.

Any suggestions?

I let my sheet cakes cool completely in the pan. Level while it's still in the pan. Then I just lay my cake board on top of the cake while it's still in the pan and flip it over onto my board.
Tammie

jules5000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules5000 Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 3:01am
post #4 of 4

Sometimes, I have had that problem too. What I do is after they have completely cooled on a rack and you are ready to either freeze them or put them on a board, put them back in the pan that you baked them in(you have already cleaned it) and then put a cake board over the pan and flip the board over holding the pan to it so the cake does not break or go anywhere, but the board. then either freeze so you can handle whatever else you need to do with the cake or ice or whatever. I have one cake friend that freezes her cakes in the pan so you could do that after it has completely cooled as well and wrap it with double layer saran wrap and heavy duty aluminum foil. I put a piece of saran wrap in my pan first and then put the cake in it that way you can easily get it out of the pan when taking it out of the freezer. I tried it once and it works great. I didn't have an immediate need for the pan before I needed to freeze the cake and take it out. My friend is in the wedding cake business so has lots of pans and can afford to do this. Usually I just put them on a cake board the size of the cake and wrap in saran wrap twice and then heavy duty foil.

I hope this helps you some.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%