Need Ideas For Bridal Shower/birthday Cake

Decorating By gizmo5298 Updated 19 Aug 2011 , 8:40pm by JamAndButtercream

gizmo5298 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gizmo5298 Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 7:30pm
post #1 of 5

Hi there icon_biggrin.gif I have been asked to do a cake for a family member for her bridal shower-which happens to be on her birthday. I really want to do something special for her and I want to make sure I incorporate both the shower and the birthday elements but i'm stuck icon_sad.gif. If it helps, her wedding is Cinderella themed, and her colors are red and ivory. Please help! I have two weeks to figure it out!

4 replies
JamAndButtercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamAndButtercream Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 8:06pm
post #2 of 5

Hi,
How big is the cake to be? Is it a tiered cake? I'm thinking about it at the moment........

gizmo5298 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gizmo5298 Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 8:22pm
post #3 of 5

needs to feed 40 give or take. haven't relly though of shape or tiers, i'm open for any suggestions icon_smile.gif

JamAndButtercream Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 8:22pm
post #4 of 5

............ok I've had a think and my thoughts are that it could be a two or three tiered cake, This is my idea for a three tiered cake,

The bottom tier is the birthday tier, decorated with ivory fondant, and maybe with some nice piping and it has Happy Birthday written on it, maybe some dark red roses to decorate around the base, the middle tier is the "transition" tier, the transition from the birthday to the bridal shower tier, this tier is red and this tier could have gumpaste/fondant models of the bride and groom holding hands or something, with congratulations written on it. The top tier is the bridal shower part, with an ivory Cinderella carridge on top, with could beautifully detailed and sprayed with shimmer and glitter,
this is the picture that kind of gave me my ideas,
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=red+and+ivory+cinderella+cake&um=1&hl=en&biw=1280&bih=603&tbm=isch&tbnid=gYYI4t9-iv_d5M:&imgrefurl=http://www.cakesforwedding.net/2010/04/gorgeous-disney-wedding-cakes-with.html&docid=yY6uFR1em77geM&w=1200&h=1600&ei=jsJOTpilIM7Ysgbsj7CPAw&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=140&page=1&tbnh=142&tbnw=99&start=0&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0&tx=57&ty=99

I really hope this helps! Good Luck! thumbs_up.gif

JamAndButtercream Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 8:40pm
post #5 of 5

Hi,
Since you said to was to feed 40 people, I was thinking the three tiers is probably too much. My other idea is,

You have a big rectangle sheet cake, covered in deep red fondant, then diagonally you have a path through the cake and have a structure of Cinderella's pumpkin carridge with a horse walking along the path (They did this type of thing of Ace of Cakes once) the carridge could be ivory and white, with glitter. So this will have then "divided" the cake down the middle. On the one diagonal half you have Happy Birthday written and maybe some little fondant presents or flowers. And on the other diagonal half you have Congratulations written with some roses or doves, or cinderellas glass slipper.

Hope this helps! Good Luck! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%