Hydrangea Cutter And Veiner And Center Mold?

Decorating By kileyscakes Updated 20 Aug 2011 , 7:30pm by FromScratchSF

kileyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kileyscakes Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 5:43pm
post #1 of 10

Hi, My first request for Hydrangea flowers. I was just wanting some opinions on which brand or where u got yours and how you like them? I looked at GSA and saw the sunflower sugar art cutters and center mold is that the way to go? I just wish it wasn't so expensive! any thoughts or ways to cut corners?
Thanks so much!
Kiley

9 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 1:22am
post #2 of 10

I have the sunflower mold and it really is worth the money.I had a wedding cake in June and she wanted hydrangeas all around/omtop the cake so I bought the cutter and veiner...The were so easy to make and I airbrushed them in different hues..She was very pleased!!

kileyscakes Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 1:37pm
post #3 of 10

Thanks so much I will go ahead with that, did you also get the center mold as well? or what did you do for the centers?

Kiddiekakes Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 2:03pm
post #4 of 10

No..I didn't get the centre mold..I just piped 4 dots with BC for each flower.

kileyscakes Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 2:15pm
post #5 of 10

Oh duh that is a great Idea! Thanks so much

Kiddiekakes Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 2:17pm
post #6 of 10

Why buy extra molds when you don't have to icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

Sassy74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassy74 Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 2:45pm
post #7 of 10

I use Petalsweets tutorial, and I bought the GSA set with two different sized cutters and a two piece silicone mold (SV-020). I make the centers by hand. Labor intensive, but they come out so pretty!

infinitsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
infinitsky Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 3:11pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy74

I use Petalsweets tutorial...

Her tutorial is amazing.

For the cutter and veiners look at "Scott Clark Woolley" web site, he has wonderful cutters, veiners and molds. His prices are reasonable and when you call to place an order they are so helpful and nice.

I am planning to buy the hydrengea cutter and veiner from his site as soon as I find an excuse! icon_smile.gif

I guess Petalsweets uses his cutters.

HTH

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 6:28pm
post #9 of 10

I do recommend Scott Clark Woolley's cutters and veiners for hydrangeas. I looked around for a while and decided on his and they work really well. I also got the hydrangea foliage leaf cutter and veiner at the same time. His instructions are each to follow, the price was cheap and he shipped them out immediately. I use them all of the time.

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 7:30pm
post #10 of 10

OK wish I saw this site when looking everywhere for a decent oak leaf cutter/veiner for a wedding cake I did. i needed realistic, not cartoony, which is what I ended up with. I ordered 3 different cutters and ended up spending about $50 on them and they didn't turn out 1/2 as well as I had hoped they would.

So, thanks for the site, it's bookmarked now!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%