Ideas For Chocolate Cake

Decorating By Michelep Updated 22 Aug 2011 , 2:13pm by Michelep

Michelep Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelep Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 4:26pm
post #1 of 5

I need to WOW the office. I'm making a chocolate cake for 2 coworkers birthday's. I'm looking at chocolate decorators buttercream and darn good chocolate cake, both on the CC recipes favorites.

I'm wondering if I can make chocolate cake layers and have one side of the cake with chocolate butter cream and the other side with a raspberry filling. Then all iced in chocoate buttercream. Anyone tried this?

Also, one guy and one girl so I can't do anything overly girly for the decorating.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Love you guys!!! I've learned soooo much here.

4 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 1:24am
post #2 of 5

The hershey chocolate cake recipe here is very good.Almost like a dark cocolate fudgey brownie.The batter is deceiving though as it is very runny but bakes up nice in the end.I also like the recipe for WBH chocolate BC ..It is a light brown whipped bakery icing.

krumbledkakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krumbledkakes Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 6:37am
post #3 of 5

You can absolutely do different sides of filling. Just pipe out a buttercream wall and they shouldn't run together, sounds really tasty actually icon_smile.gif

JohnnyCakes1966 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JohnnyCakes1966 Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 7:08am
post #4 of 5

Just don't forget which side is which after you've decorated it. icon_confused.gif

Michelep Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelep Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 2:13pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks so much for the help. I'm going to do a chocolate buttercream with raspberry preserves for the filling, chocolate buttercream outside then drizzle ganache over the top. Still deciding how to decorate.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%