Tiny Pearl Necklace?

Decorating By katj012 Updated 21 Aug 2011 , 2:59pm by katj012

katj012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katj012 Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 4:15pm
post #1 of 6

So I'm making an anniversary cake for tomorrow night, and the woman loves frogs.

I have a great idea for the cake - land, water, a lily pad/water lily, and two frogs.

But - in order to keep it anniversary-ish, I want to somehow denote the woman and her husband as the frogs on the cake (make it a little cute). I was thinking about making a hawaiian shirt on the guy frog (as this man is notorious for always wearing them), and for her I wanted to do a little necklace or something.

Any tips on how to make a tiny little necklace?

5 replies
tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 4:19pm
post #2 of 6

Those teeny, tiny pearls would kill me, too much tweezer time. I'd opt out for a bow with a bity flower on her head........

rubycurls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rubycurls Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 7:53pm
post #3 of 6

I'd just pipe the pearls with a #1 tip

ajwonka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajwonka Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 1:26am
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubycurls

I'd just pipe the pearls with a #1 tip

I ( foolishly) used those tiny pearls on a dress cake as necklace once. Never again! Pipe them with royal icing![/i]

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 2:19am
post #5 of 6

Pipe them, or if you have a fine pearl mold (I have one made by first impressions) you can make a little strand out of fondant/gumpaste - I did that for bride on the wedding cake in my pics on here.

katj012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katj012 Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 2:59pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks for the help everyone! I am going to upload a picture of the final cake later today.

For the little necklace I ended up just rolling out a thin strand of white fondant and taking tweezers and pinching repeatedly to give it the "bumpy" pearl look. It actually looked pretty nice!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%