How Long Should I Wait For A Response?

Business By brenda549 Updated 18 Aug 2011 , 7:53pm by brenda549

brenda549 Posted 18 Aug 2011 , 4:56pm
post #1 of 7

I sent a confirmation email requesting response, to a bride that booked a tasting with me for September 3. I have not received a response from her.

How long should I wait before I send a "final" confirmation email stating if she does not respond, the tasting will be cancelled? I was thinking of sending it Saturday. That will have given her a week to respond.

Sound fair and reasonable?

6 replies
Unlimited Posted 18 Aug 2011 , 5:51pm
post #2 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by brenda549

I sent a confirmation email requesting response, to a bride that booked a tasting with me for September 3. I have not received a response from her.

How long should I wait before I send a "final" confirmation email stating if she does not respond, the tasting will be cancelled? I was thinking of sending it Saturday. That will have given her a week to respond.

Sound fair and reasonable?

Why would you want to cancel the tasting appointment that's already booked? I look at it this waythe bride is a big girl, she made an appointment... let her keep it (it's her duty to show up). Your doctor's office might give a reminder call that may request a courtesy call back IF you cannot keep the appointment, but they aren't going to demand that you confirm the reminder call either way or else they cancel your appointment.

Jess155 Posted 18 Aug 2011 , 6:13pm
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited

Why would you want to cancel the tasting appointment that's already booked? I look at it this waythe bride is a big girl, she made an appointment... let her keep it (it's her duty to show up). Your doctor's office might give a reminder call that may request a courtesy call back IF you cannot keep the appointment, but they aren't going to demand that you confirm the reminder call either way or else they cancel your appointment.

Agree. thumbs_up.gif

Brenda, I checked out your website - super cute by the way! You have some nice cakes. The "pet cemetery" cake - is "cemetery" meant to be spelled incorrectly as "sematary?" You might want to make it clear on the website if the customer ordered it spelled like that.

foodguy Posted 18 Aug 2011 , 6:37pm
post #4 of 7

The "pet cemetery" cake - is "cemetery" meant to be spelled incorrectly as "sematary?" You might want to make it clear on the website if the customer ordered it spelled like that.[/quote]

Obviously you're not a Stephen King fan-that is a clear referrance to one of his books.

mariacakestoo Posted 18 Aug 2011 , 6:43pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodguy

The "pet cemetery" cake - is "cemetery" meant to be spelled incorrectly as "sematary?" You might want to make it clear on the website if the customer ordered it spelled like that.

Obviously you're not a Stephen King fan-that is a clear referrance to one of his books.[/quote] Reference. Just sayin....

Jess155 Posted 18 Aug 2011 , 7:48pm
post #6 of 7

Nope, not a Stephen King fan, I didn't realize that! Sorry!

brenda549 Posted 18 Aug 2011 , 7:53pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, "sematary" is a reference to the book.

I should have been more clear in my explanation.

The confirmation email was to confirm the tasting with a payment and to receive her information. I charge $25 for a tasting that is then applied to the total for the cake if booked with me at the time of tasting. I am a sole proprietorship using a commercial kitchen. To have this tasting requires me to do extra baking during my time in the kitchen. Also, since I do not have a store or studio, tastings take place in my home.

I am not really wanting to go through all of the prep if they are not going to show up.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%