Ganache- How Much Do You Use?

Decorating By topicyang Updated 18 Aug 2011 , 1:38pm by mhcl

topicyang Posted 18 Aug 2011 , 7:00am
post #1 of 3

hi cakers,
so just a quick question on ganache, have had a little look and cant find what i am after. just wondering how much ganache you all use for say an 8 inch round, not filled as i dont fill my muds i have only been using small amounts as i mainly do practice cakes so try to keep the costs down, i know there are guides and that calculator thing (which i dont get at all) but guides are guides and would like different opinions please! now that i am getting more into it i would like to start doing things properly , so to speak!
thanks all,

2 replies
cai0311 Posted 18 Aug 2011 , 1:11pm
post #2 of 3

I don't really understand what you are asking. If you are using the ganache as a filling is your intent to ice the cake with chocolate ganache? If so, then you would use the same amount of ganache as you would buttercream.

mhcl Posted 18 Aug 2011 , 1:38pm
post #3 of 3

I hope this helps you and may I add YUM ganache! I recently did a ganache cake. It was filled but not with ganache. I first covered it with the 2:1 ratio and then made pourable ganache using the 3:1 ratio. I would say I used about 3-4 cups to cover. I really don't remember how much of the pourable, maybe 2 cups, but there was also leftovers from that ganache. HTH. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%