Farm Animals

Decorating By lyndim Updated 18 Aug 2011 , 3:31am by Skirt

lyndim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lyndim Posted 18 Aug 2011 , 1:56am
post #1 of 4

I know it's been posted before, but I can't seem to locate the forum that has instructions for gumpaste farm animals. I've seen many very cute cows, pigs,chickens......ect. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Much appreciated. icon_smile.gif

3 replies
cakelady2266 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady2266 Posted 18 Aug 2011 , 2:17am
post #2 of 4

I'm not sure if there is a forum that has instructions. I make a lot of fondant figurines, animals, people, I just look at a picture and shape the fondant until it looks right. If you have access to any of the Fisher Price Little Tykes or Little People farm animals they would be a good guide.

If you are using gumpaste you will also need to allow a whole lot more time for drying. And gumpaste should not be eaten.

If all else fails try looking up videos on youtube. There is some great cake stuff on there.

Good Luck

vkat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vkat Posted 18 Aug 2011 , 2:46am
post #3 of 4

I came across this at one time and saved this in my favorites. Hope this is what you are lookiing for.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=672099&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

Skirt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skirt Posted 18 Aug 2011 , 3:31am
post #4 of 4

I made the animals for my cake and I am NOT at all artistic. Take that as ANYONE can to it! Just roll balls and put them together. Need small circles for something? Use an icing tip. brown legs? Use pretzels...
HTH and good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%