Fudge Filled Chocolate Bundt Cake No Nuts

Baking By tgoodaker Updated 20 Aug 2011 , 2:41am by jules5000

tgoodaker Posted 18 Aug 2011 , 12:21am
post #1 of 4

i have been searching for a chocolate bundt cake recipe with a fudge filling, but not the traditional Tunnel of Fudge recipe, which has nuts in it. Everything I've read says the nuts are essential in forming that fudgey center. I did find one recipe that uses pudding as the filling, but the poster said the filling sinks to the bottom. I'd rather it stay in the center. Anyone have a recipe for me? Thanks!

3 replies
AnnieCahill Posted 18 Aug 2011 , 12:44pm
post #2 of 4

What? Seriously? I doubt it has anything to do with the nuts. I just watched an episode of Cook's Country where they baked this cake. If I remember correctly the confectioner's sugar mixture is what makes it fudgey.

You can probably find that video online but you have to sign up for a trial subscription which is no big deal.

KayMc Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 2:35am
post #3 of 4

I can't imagine that nuts have anything to do with the fudgey nature of the cake. The original Tunnel of Fudge cake recipe calls for an ingredient that is no longer made: I'm thinking it was a frosting powder? I hear the recipe has been revamped so it can be made without that ingredient.

jules5000 Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 2:41am
post #4 of 4

I second the idea of going to America's test kitchen and signing up for the trial membership.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%