Hi Everyone! I'm delivering my first wedding cake to an actual venue and I have no idea what the steps are... I was hoping some of the cake pros could help
Two items of disclosure before I ask questions: 1. I am completely legal, and 2. I've done a search here on CC and haven't found what I'm looking for!
So here it goes:
* Who is responsible for scheduling the delivery with the venue? Me, right?
* If so, who do I contact at the venue to schedule it? The catering mngr?
* Will they, right off the bat, tell me if they need to be listed as Additional Insured on my insurance policy, or is that common knowledge that I'm already supposed to know?
* Do you make sure that someone from the bridal party is there to sign off on the delivery?
* Approximately how far in advance from the reception do you deliver? 2 hrs? 1 hr?
Any insight and help is appreciated! Thanks!!
you speak to catering manager at venue, you schedule delivery the venue will tell you approx how early to arrive but take into consideration how long it will take you to stack etc and any last minute repairs, and always get someone from the bridal party to sign off on the cake, and one very important step take a picture of your cake before you leave venue from all angles including the background and e mail to the bride or someone as proof that it was in perfect condition. it has been known for people to try to move the cake dropping it and getting kitchen staff to repair it of course the bride thinks the redone cake is the cakers so proofis always a neccessity, good luck on your first wedding cake venue