Let's Scare A Child With A Knife...

Decorating By SweetMelissa730 Updated 21 Aug 2011 , 1:18am by jules5000

SweetMelissa730 Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 9:12pm
post #1 of 14

I'm not sure if I find this awful or funny... or both!

http://www.ehow.com/how_8239427_make-exploding-birthday-cake.html

The things people come up with... icon_confused.gif

13 replies
Lcubed82 Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 9:18pm
post #2 of 14

That wouldn't go over too well with folks I know!

knlcox Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 9:19pm
post #3 of 14

Wow! I would love to see that in action! It's funny to me! It it were me holding the knife I would probably get completely startled and wave my arms from the noise. The person on my right would be bleeding. It's funny, though.

cabecakes Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 9:23pm
post #4 of 14

I so NO! This sounds like a prank worth avoiding. Most people wouldn't take to kindly to have icing blown all over them when they are all dressed up for a birthday celebration. I can't think of one person I know that would appreciate the "funny" in this.

theCword Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 9:23pm
post #5 of 14

oh my goodness, we're always playing pranks on other family members around here. this would be awesome!!!

jules5000 Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 9:35pm
post #6 of 14

I know a few, who would get the humor in it, but you would, I think in consideration of the birthday person, and everyone else too, give some kind of dress code for the occastion so that the spirit and fun of it would not be ruined by good clothes that got ruined. You could say, like have a picnic in the park and outdoor games. Tell everyone that it was going to be very casual and they ought to dress for the occasion.

But other than that for the most part I believe that you need to be very discerning who you would pull this on. If I myself were warned ahead of time that I needed to dress very casual and that it was to be an outdoor picnic theme I would be fine with it myself. I would probably even bring some extra clothes along(just to be prepared)and no I was not a girl scout. I did not need that program. I had a mamma that preached it to me all the time. She is wonderful!!!

Michelle84 Posted 18 Aug 2011 , 3:38am
post #7 of 14

I'd cry if that happened to me - I'd probably curse too. I always get dressed up for my birthday so for some jerk to ruin my day/night by covering me in cake would mean the end of my party. I'd send everyone home, seriously.
I'd probably react the same way if my future husband ever dared to shove cake in my face at the wedding - divorce!!

(I know, I'm a drama queen - but everyone who knows me should know that by now! Haha icon_smile.gif )

FromScratchSF Posted 18 Aug 2011 , 4:07am
post #8 of 14

I am soooooo making that for my husband's birthday in January if he jacks me for Christmas again this year! LOL Every Christmas I get him loads of awesomness. Me? I get the lamest gifts imaginable icon_mad.gif

So, dear Hubbie that will never read this, you better come up with something better then ballet tickets that you have to cancel on me and never reschedule. You better do better then that new toaster. You better do better then rocks. Yes, rocks. Literally. A box. Of. Rocks. that you thought were "pretty". Seriously, WTH am I supposed to do with rocks? ROCKS?

Exploding cake for you, mister. EXPLODING CAKE. LOL!

Thanks for posting icon_lol.gif

jules5000 Posted 18 Aug 2011 , 6:23pm
post #9 of 14

Well, I for one do not blame you, fromscratchcakes. That is pretty bad!! My husband is very considerate and gets me what I want to within his financial ability. He would probably die laughing though if I did this. I am sure he would because he would know me well enough that he would know that I had an extra cake for actual eating hidden somewhere(and I would if I chose to do this). However, if I chose to do this it would not be when we were struggling financially to make it and I would not waste perfectly good food. I would make it work with a fake cake. I would still not waste good food like that. I have to say that your husband probably is not going to change how he picks out your gifts unless you let him know somehow that his gifts are a big dissappointment to you. If you have been honest with him about what his gifts do for you, nothing, then he will probably not change and even if you have, if he still has not got it then I am quite sure that he needs one of these cakes for his Christmas gift. When he says where is the real one? you can say that is it!! I have tried to tell you many times that your gifts are not gifts to me. They are what you want. If you think that those rocks you gave me last year were pretty, why didn't you just buy them for yourself and get me something that I would like? Maybe he would finally get it. Good Luck.

MyDiwa Posted 18 Aug 2011 , 6:45pm
post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromScratchSF

You better do better then rocks. Yes, rocks. Literally. A box. Of. Rocks. that you thought were "pretty". Seriously, WTH am I supposed to do with rocks? ROCKS?

Exploding cake for you, mister. EXPLODING CAKE. LOL! icon_lol.gif

That was HILARIOUS! My hubby's gifts aren't generally the greatest and he's recently taken to recycling ideas that I've liked in the past!

jules5000 Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 1:40am
post #11 of 14

well, while my hubby and I do not have a very big budget He just asks me what I want and I usually will tell him a gift card to one of the places I love shopping. that way I get to pick out what I want when I need it. It is very easy for him.

SweetSuzieQ Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 2:25am
post #12 of 14

I wonder if you filled the ballon with confetti if it would spray out with the icing when popped? Yes, cuz exploding icing just isn't funny enough for me! HAHA. If you can't already tell we are big on pranking!

bradfab Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 2:46am
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromScratchSF

I am soooooo making that for my husband's birthday in January if he jacks me for Christmas again this year! LOL Every Christmas I get him loads of awesomness. Me? I get the lamest gifts imaginable icon_mad.gif

So, dear Hubbie that will never read this, you better come up with something better then ballet tickets that you have to cancel on me and never reschedule. You better do better then that new toaster. You better do better then rocks. Yes, rocks. Literally. A box. Of. Rocks. that you thought were "pretty". Seriously, WTH am I supposed to do with rocks? ROCKS?

Exploding cake for you, mister. EXPLODING CAKE. LOL!

Thanks for posting icon_lol.gif

Hilarious. You should give him the same gift he gave you in the previous year. "I know how much you were disappointed we had to miss that ballet." "My toaster doesn't fit those bagels you love to toast, so I saw this and thought 'perfect'!" "You thought they were so pretty so I knew you'd love them!"

jules5000 Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 1:18am
post #14 of 14

Yeah, I think that Bradfab, has a great idea. You just turn around and gift your past Christmas gifts to him this year and if he still has not got it by that time and still gives you Christmas gifts that are not fit for you personally(things he wants instead) you can still do the exploding cake for his birthday too. That way you don't have to spend any money on his Christmas this year. He's probably going to do that himself andgive them to you. You just put aside the money that you were going to spend on him and save it for buying yourself some gifts you will like after Christmas... ... another idea would be to make him take all the gifts back that he gave you and get the money for them and give that to you so you can go buy yourself a real gift. I am not trying to be mean, but if between now and Christmas if you talk to him and let him know that you would really like something for Christmas that you like and is for you and he does not respond in a way that you know he has really heard you then try one of the ideas on here and see if he gets it then. You have really made an effort yourself to give him nice gifts and giving is not about receiving, we all know that, but we also believe that if he is really giving you Christmas gifts from his heart that you will like, you would not be getting gifts he wants.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%