What Is The Best Way To Store Cigarellos Made In Advance?

Decorating By radtech Updated 17 Aug 2011 , 9:27pm by LisaPeps

radtech Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 8:14pm
post #1 of 2

I am making cigarellos for a wedding cake and am making them in advance. I am following Nati's way as she does in her tutorial. Is it best to remove them from their acetate cover and store them at room temperature or should I keep them frozen in the actetate until it gets closer to the wedding date? I did make some practice cigarellos yesterday and they seemed very brittle while frozen. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

1 reply
LisaPeps Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 9:27pm
post #2 of 2

When I tried to do them Nati's way, I used real chocolate. This was before I understood the tempering process and even knew what tempering meant. When they came to room temperature they just melted as soon as you touched the chocolate.

Anyway, the point is are you using real chocolate (tempered or untempered) or candy melts?

Tempered chocolate and candy melts should be okay at room temp (so long as room temp is not ridiculously hot! lol). I'd be tempted to leave them in the acetate for extra piece of mind that at least there is something protecting them slightly. If it's untempered chocolate, then they will melt as soon as you attempt to do anything with them.

If you want to keep them frozen, keep them in a ziplock bag or something so they don't get freezer burn.

Quote by @%username% on %date%