Google Doc...

Lounge By TexasSugar Updated 17 Aug 2011 , 8:33pm by TexasSugar

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 7:45pm
post #1 of 3

If you make a google doc, can you share it with just anyone? Or do they also have to have an google account?

Basically I'm working on a blog for my students. I want to have a page tab at the top for course supply lists. Instead of having one really long page, I'd love to be able to break it down and just give them links to another page that they can find the lists at.

I know I can make a blog entry, then go back and link that, but I was wondering if there was another way to do it. Would a google doc allow me to do that?

2 replies
pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 8:05pm
post #2 of 3

If you've got your document created as a pdf, or Word or what have you, you can drag it into your document list in Google Docs, or use the Upload option. It will convert it to Google Doc format first and then add it to your document list. Click on the document, and it will open probably. But then you can click on Share in the top right corner (use the drop down and choose Share) and a dialog box will open. The settings will automatically show the document as Private. So click on the Change link and then choose "Anyone with the link" which doesn't require someone to sign in to get it but it's not public on the web either. Click Save. It will then provide you with the link that you can share on your blog.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 8:33pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you! That is exactly what I needed to know. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%