Cupcake Cup Question

Baking By JuneHawk Updated 18 Aug 2011 , 4:11am by scp1127

JuneHawk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JuneHawk Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 7:28pm
post #1 of 10

Are the paper cups that look like this at Micheals, in the Wilton aisle, safe to bake cupcakes in? TiA!

9 replies
Crazboutcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazboutcakes Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 7:59pm
post #2 of 10

I think those are favor cups and not intended for cup cakes but could be used as well obviously..lol. But I beleive they would be where the wedding stuff is at Michaels, HTH

JuneHawk Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 8:07pm
post #3 of 10

I've been looking for the ones that are actually for baking but I can't find them anywhere!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 8:27pm
post #4 of 10

nut cups. sure, they should be fine.

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 8:35pm
post #5 of 10

The owner of this blog uses those all the time http://cupcakeblog.com/

She gets them from here http://www.freshwatersystems.com/p-321-pleated-portion-paper-cup-325-oz-sleeve-of-250.aspx (It's linked from her FAQ)

JuneHawk Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 8:36pm
post #6 of 10

Thank you! they sorta look shiny inside so I was afraid they'd be waxed and the wax would melt onto the cupcakes.

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 9:05pm
post #7 of 10

The only thing I've heard is that they are hard to pull down when you're eating the cupcake. You might have to cut it a little notch on the border where it will be pulled down.

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 9:21pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagenthatnj

The only thing I've heard is that they are hard to pull down when you're eating the cupcake. You might have to cut it a little notch on the border where it will be pulled down.

That's why I stopped using them. I never had any trouble opening them, you have to pull at the top firmly but slowly and eventually it will unfold and open out like a plate. But people I gave them to just tried to get them in their mouths as soon as possible that they had all sorts of ways!! Squeeze from the bottom and mush all the cake up, try and tear the sides and lose half the icing in the process, just go in with their mouth over all the icing and try and suck up the cupcake. Quite funny icon_biggrin.gif but all the feedback I got was great cupcakes but hard to eat. I tried putting little slits in the top but still got negative feedback. I prefer the look of those cups too icon_cry.gif

JuneHawk Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 9:46pm
post #9 of 10

I want to make minicupcakes but all the mini muffin baking cups I've found are way tiny. Really, a lot smaller than the mini cupcakes from baking shops.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 18 Aug 2011 , 4:11am
post #10 of 10

I saw a photo where they were used with a little plastic fork in the top. I though it would be a great idea for a messier cupcake. My plan was for a gingerbread cupcake with cooked apples and sabayon.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%