How To Train Your Dragon Cake

Decorating By MegansSweetGoodies Updated 17 Aug 2011 , 8:05pm by LisaPeps

MegansSweetGoodies Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 6:55pm
post #1 of 2

I was asked to make a cake in the shape of a dragon from the movie How to Train Your Dragon. Any ideas? Please help thumbs_up.gif I need to have it done for October.

1 reply
LisaPeps Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 8:05pm
post #2 of 2

Did they specify which type of dragon? There are 4 or 5 different types in the movie. First suggestion I would make is rent it and watch it. It's an awesome movie so it's recreational as well as business icon_razz.gif

Whenever I make a 3D cake, I like to make it to scale or I like to look at an actual model so I know lengths so I can keep it in proportion. Maybe go to a Disney store (I think Disney made it :S) or toy shop and write down some rough measurements of a stuffed toy or model of the dragon. Or just use pictures for that, google the dragon then get clear pictures from different angles. For my Pascal cake, I printed off a picture, measured the different features ie head, torso, legs, arms... and then scaled them up to how big I wanted it and sort of winged it from there.

Depends on how much sculpture/3D cake experience you have really. Having a model in front of you would be the easiest, viewing a model to see the dimensions/proportions would be slightly harder, having 2D pictures would be harder still, having no reference at all would be extremely hard!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%