Advice On Cake Stand For Wedding Cake

Decorating By Jen-cakes Updated 19 Aug 2011 , 7:31am by Jen-cakes

Jen-cakes Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 1:01pm
post #1 of 7

Hello all
I've been asked to do a 3 tier Super Mario cake for a wedding. The client wants something like this

She wants the castle and the globe and of course I'd do it a bit different like maybe the globe at the top.

The question is
How do you think the cakes were staked?
Any tips on the construction and making it stable would be so appreciated.

6 replies
leah_s Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 1:32pm
post #2 of 7

Looks like a central PVC pipe on a flange.

PS, you realize you have major copyright issues here?

southerncross Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 2:13pm
post #3 of 7

Wow...that's some cake! and what a challenge. Judging from the over 2 million images of various Mario cakes online, this must be a very popular theme for birthdays and weddings. This one is by far the best. Good luck.

Jen-cakes Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 2:25pm
post #4 of 7

Leah_s do you mean copyright issue on showing the link or doing the cake?
I didn't know.

knlcox Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 2:30pm
post #5 of 7

It's an amazing cake! I believe it's a copyright issue doing the actual decorating on the cake. Mario and all it's characters are copyrighted. Same for all Disney, Marvel, etc characters. I believe it can be done as long as the cake is NOT sold or any money is exchanged. I'm sure someone will clarify what I'm trying to say!

Jen-cakes Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 3:07pm
post #6 of 7

Oh dear. I didn't know. I figured because they are perishable & edible it didn't apply.
I've done a few Disney cakes and runouts of Mickey and stuff. Postman Pat, Thomas the tank engine ect

I've also seen hundreds of these types of cakes on the net and the same goes for Super Mario. I'm guessing a lot of people have the same assumption as I did. Or is it just the little figureens that are the problem?

Jen-cakes Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 7:31am
post #7 of 7

[quote="leah_s"]Looks like a central PVC pipe on a flange.

Could you please tell me what a flange is?

Quote by @%username% on %date%