Attaching Fondant Pearls To Cake

Decorating By lstalder Updated 17 Aug 2011 , 11:35am by ma_baker_30

lstalder Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 3:41am
post #1 of 5

I recently made a string of fondant pearls and was able to attach them to my fondant cake but they came off in pieces as I lifted them from the table to the cake. Seemed like if I pulled on them in any way they would come apart. Any tips on how best to lift them up and attach in one piece? Also, should they be made out of fondant or with some gumpaste or tylose? Thanks

4 replies
BizCoCos Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 3:52am
post #2 of 5

i just posted my mom's bday cake with a string of pearls they were made with mmf with tylose added, no problem at all

icer101 Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 3:56am
post #3 of 5

I,ve even made them with modeling chocolate. After you have let them drop out of the mold, let them set a few minutes, or even better, drop out on a piece of fun foam(from michaels. Then use this fun foam and slide right up to your cake and push off with a small brush. Have your sides damp with water or edible glue and they will go right on the cake. Letting them set up will be your answer.Ive used strickly fondant also, Not g/p at all. Too hard to eat. lol!! Fondant and modeling chocoate mixed is a good medium also.hth

DSmo Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 4:28am
post #4 of 5

I usually pop them in the freezer for a minute or two before I pop them out of the mold. It firms them up just enough to handle easily.

ma_baker_30 Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 11:35am
post #5 of 5

Yes. I made them out of regular fondant, dropped them onto wax paper, painted them with luster and let them dry for about an hour or so before I tried to move them again

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%