josefina20 Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 3:12am

OK here is the thing I found a lot of more than 20 chocolate mold, there were super awesome price, so I could not let it pass. The problem: they have grease stick to them. The lady that i bought them from, said her daughter got crazy with chocolate making and after a lot of money spend on mold she put them all in a box and they were in storage for long time.

Can i still save them? i washed them with soap and water, still have the grease on them icon_redface.gificon_cry.gificon_confused.gif what else can i use? icon_rolleyes.gif

2 replies
BlakesCakes Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 3:37am

If hot water and a good dish detergent didn't remove the "grease", I have to wonder if it isn't the plastic degrading icon_confused.gif

In general, I don't wash my chocolate molds. I wipe them well with soft paper towels and use a cotton ball to clean crevices.

I suppose you could try dipping them in some hot water with a good dose of vinegar. If that doesn't do it, I don't think much else will help.

Rae

josefina20 Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 4:40am

thanks, BlakesCakes i will try the vinagar and see what happens

Quote by %username% on %date%

%body%