Transporting Filled Cakes

Decorating By aswinqiust Updated 17 Aug 2011 , 3:15am by icer101

aswinqiust Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 2:58am
post #1 of 3

On two different occasions; I have made a lemon cake with raspberry filling;i always put a frosting border to keep the filling in the center. Once it is frosted and ready to deliver; I have found myself with the cakes giggling from the motion of the car - one cake cracked and the other the filing was becoming visible. Most recently I had made a small 3 tier wedding cake; 2 layer 10", 8 " lemon -filled with raspberry; and 6 inch white - the lemon was moving on me again and almost didn't make it to the venue 30 miles away; it was assembled and I had my daughter hold it on the way to the venue for me. what am i doing wrong; too much filling? please help. the cakes are not covered with fondant; I know this would probably keep it more stable but my brides don't always want fondant covered cakes. any advise is appreciated.

2 replies
mplaidgirl2 Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 3:05am
post #2 of 3

MAybe make a larger icing damn. I like to keep my cakes in the fridge until I need to deliver so they are nice and stiff. And NEVER has someone hold it on thier lap. I literally put it in my truck and forget about it until I get to my destination.

icer101 Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 3:15am
post #3 of 3

Make a little stiffer dam, then back up on the filling also. Refrigerate it a little before delivering also. Any little extra things will help you when you go to deliver. hth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%