Need To Make 1 Summer & 1 Rain Themed Cake . Ideas Welco

Decorating By Devd Updated 26 Aug 2011 , 3:16pm by Devd

Devd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Devd Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 5:43pm
post #1 of 8

Hello Everyone !!

This month end I am have to do two 9"* 13" cakes for single event .

I thought of doing a cake that represent 2 seasons. 1st cake represent summer and the 2nd will represent rain.

And i have already sent a beach cake to the same group of people, so i don't want to repeat the theme for summer. And i also can't think of how to catch the essence of "Rain".

Cake will be frosted in SMB with Fondant decorations, I am only 25 cakes old and i have done the wilton course.

Any suggestions, ideas, images,inspiration are welcome.

Thanks
DevD

7 replies
JamAndButtercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamAndButtercream Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 9:00pm
post #2 of 8

Hi,
I have to admit, when you said summer the first thing I thought of was the beach icon_lol.gif

Ok, how about the summer cake having the sun on it, with lovely yellow flowers, like sun flowers, and other bright flowers, and some grass and bees and butterflies?

For the rain cake, you could make it really moody looking, with grey thunder clouds, the rain and lightening bolts, or you could have light coloured greys and blues, with the clouds, rain and umbrellas!

Hope this helps! Good Luck! thumbs_up.gif

JamAndButtercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Devd Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 9:40pm
post #4 of 8

Thankyou JamAndButtercream. Your idea sounds really wonderful, but with my limited piping skills it will be difficult. I can't replicate anything until i see that . I think i am not an imaginative person. Still i will try .

chocolatefudgecakefan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocolatefudgecakefan Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 1:07pm
post #5 of 8

for the rain cake I would have a pond or river with ducks on it and then the rain drops.

SarahBeth3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahBeth3 Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 11:29pm
post #6 of 8

Check out the cake on the left.

http://www.weddinginspirasi.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/a_simple_wedding_cake.jpg

Something similar to that done in the right colors (spring colors), I think, could give the idea of rain without being too literal and it would be very elegant. If you didn't feel like that enough, you could put an umbrella on top & maybe 2 or 3 flowers at the base, but not a lot so to keep it simple and elegant.

Devd Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 3:14pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatefudgecakefan

for the rain cake I would have a pond or river with ducks on it and then the rain drops.

Great idea !!!!!!!

Devd Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 3:16pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahBeth3

Check out the cake on the left.

http://www.weddinginspirasi.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/a_simple_wedding_cake.jpg

Something similar to that done in the right colors (spring colors), I think, could give the idea of rain without being too literal and it would be very elegant. If you didn't feel like that enough, you could put an umbrella on top & maybe 2 or 3 flowers at the base, but not a lot so to keep it simple and elegant.

Photograph was really helpful . Thanks a lot.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%