What Is The Best Cake Mix?

Baking By penandpaper18 Updated 14 Sep 2011 , 11:47pm by Chericakes

penandpaper18 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
penandpaper18 Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 1:41pm
post #1 of 7

Hi! I am doing my second wedding cakes this fall, and am about to test new cake recipes (using cake mixes). Last time, I didn't really pay attention to what cake mix I used, but this time I am curious to know opinions from seasoned cake bakers about which is the best brand of cake mix.

Most of my recipes call for instant pudding, so I usually just don't use Pillsbury because it confuses me that they already have pudding in the mix, and I'm afraid it would be too wet with two pudding mixes! But I like that brand.

Favorites?? I need a white cake, chocolate cake and spice cake.

Thanks!!

6 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 9:55pm
post #2 of 7

If you use the search function and type in cake mixes it should be up more than a few threads on this topic.

soccermom17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soccermom17 Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 10:11pm
post #3 of 7

I use to use the Pillsbury Cake Mix and I do the WASC recipe for all of my cakes. But I found that was not as firm as I would like the cake to be. I have switched to Betty Crocker. It makes a firmer cake for me. Hope this helps a little.

CakesByBabycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByBabycakes Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 10:25pm
post #4 of 7

I use Duncan Hines and use the WASC recipe for both my white and chocolate cakes. I love the texture of the cakes.

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 4:42am
post #5 of 7

I recently used CK premium chocolate cake mix from GSA. My family loved it. I will use it again and am going to try their white mix for a birthday cake.

stepht347 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stepht347 Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 3:21am
post #6 of 7

Duncan Hines moist deluxe and the WASC recipe! icon_smile.gif

Chericakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chericakes Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 11:47pm
post #7 of 7

I prefer Duncan Hines cake mixes. I love the WASC recipe.
=

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%