How Do I Make A ....

Decorating By Pearl70 Updated 16 Aug 2011 , 9:40pm by CounselorMom

Pearl70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pearl70 Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 11:55am
post #1 of 4

I am trying to figure out the best way to make a Toadstool House for a smurf cake, what is the best pans/bowls to use?

3 replies
southerncross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncross Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 12:35pm
post #2 of 4

My cousin made a smurf toadstool house and while she forgot to take a picture of her work, she did use this cake by SHAMIMA DESA in South Africa for inspiration.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shamsd/3078679595/in/set-72157606881405324/

She stacked three layers of 6" rounds (torted so it was very tall) and topped it with a cake baked in a Wilton princess pan that was cut to fit the top of the body of the cake then covered it with fondant and added a fondant/gumpaste roof. I remember she put little balls of crumpled cling wrap under the roof to form crenulation while the fondant roof firmed up. in the end she felt she could have used any small bowl to bake the top of the cake. Good luck

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 2:28pm
post #3 of 4

If I was doing it I'd use round cakes for the base and the Wilton Wondermold for the top part of it.

CounselorMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CounselorMom Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 9:40pm
post #4 of 4

OMG the picture of the cake is so pretty. She is very talented!

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

My cousin made a smurf toadstool house and while she forgot to take a picture of her work, she did use this cake by SHAMIMA DESA in South Africa for inspiration.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shamsd/3078679595/in/set-72157606881405324/

She stacked three layers of 6" rounds (torted so it was very tall) and topped it with a cake baked in a Wilton princess pan that was cut to fit the top of the body of the cake then covered it with fondant and added a fondant/gumpaste roof. I remember she put little balls of crumpled cling wrap under the roof to form crenulation while the fondant roof firmed up. in the end she felt she could have used any small bowl to bake the top of the cake. Good luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%