How Can I Secure My Fondant Roses To The Side Of A Cske

Decorating By pemaanso Updated 17 Aug 2011 , 3:58am by pemaanso

pemaanso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pemaanso Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 8:49am
post #1 of 5

I have been asked to make a cake which has 2 large fondant roses positioned directly on the side of the top tier, and I'm very worried about them not staying on and tearing through the cake!

They will each be on their own wire, and I've thought of glueing them on with royal icing, but I'm still worried that the weight of the roses will cause the wire to tear through the cake!

If anyone can offer me any suggestions, it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks Mary

4 replies
FleurDeCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FleurDeCake Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 10:19am
post #2 of 5

I use melted chocolate , white or dark depending on the color of the cake . When it hardens it is a great glue ..very sturdy

audreygb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
audreygb Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 10:22am
post #3 of 5

if it is on a wire what about a pose pick, fill it with royal icing so the rose is secured and then push it into the side of the cake

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 10:47am
post #4 of 5

I have cut a straw, and pushed it into the cake at a downward angle. Then added a drop of melted chocolate (type of chocolate depends on the color of the cake) over the opening of the straw and quickly insert the flower, pressing it into the chocolate. It will stay put.

pemaanso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pemaanso Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 3:58am
post #5 of 5

Thanks very much everyone, great suggestions! Do you feel that chocolate is more suitable to secure the flowers to the outside of the cake, which is covered in fondant, or would you use royal icing?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%