Superman Is Dead!!

Lounge By lilcakebaker Updated 22 Aug 2011 , 11:59pm by coleslawcat

lilcakebaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilcakebaker Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 4:38am
post #1 of 7

Im trying to make a super hero cake and my 21 month old son just ate my Superman! I came in the room and found blue fondant hanging and dripping out of his mouth!

6 replies
cakestyles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestyles Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 12:28pm
post #2 of 7

oh I hope you took a picture of that! I know you'll be laughing about this someday! icon_biggrin.gif

lilcakebaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilcakebaker Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 3:21pm
post #3 of 7

Oh I did...I have to be careful because he does like the taste of fondant and tries to grab it all the time.

I keep telling people he is going to be the kind in school that eats play-doh!

cakemama22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemama22 Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 6:43pm
post #4 of 7

My 2 year old did the same thing last month. I made a tiki bar out of gumpaste for a beach cake. He was bugging me, so I gave him some fondant to eat. I turned my back for two seconds and he had taken a big bite out of my finished tiki bar. The little bugger.

mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 3:06pm
post #5 of 7

Kids and fondant...
My three ( at the time) year old daughter once found and ate the head off a baby figure I was making for a "Welcome to the World" cake for a friend.
The little cannibal.
Good thing I'd made two of them since I was worried about scale.

mommachris

Winkdaddy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Winkdaddy Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 10:49pm
post #6 of 7

Baking with little ones around can be rewarding and frustrating at the same time. I have to watch my work area like a hawk when my 2yo is around or leave on older child on guard if I have to leave the room.

coleslawcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coleslawcat Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 11:59pm
post #7 of 7

I'm so glad I read this thread. I was feeling grumpy because my 2 year old ate one of my pansies for a cake and I have to remake it. Now I don't feel so bad.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%