Michele Foster's White Chocolate Fondant

Baking By Smore4us Updated 18 Aug 2011 , 8:57pm by Smore4us

Smore4us Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 4:02am
post #1 of 5

I recently made Michele Foster's White Chocolate fondant and decided that it was pretty much to die for. I loved how the flavor blended with the buttercream and didn't have that chemically aftertaste. I used your basic white chocolate chips from the grocery because its what I had on hand. I wondered though how the Mercken's Super White chocolate melts would work with it. Would it make it the color any whiter? How does the flavor of the Mercken's compare? Also, I was fortunate to not have to color my first batch since it was "for taste only", but I was hoping someone could tell me how it takes color since it is more of an offwhite. Any tips?

Thanks as always!

4 replies
playingwithsugar Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 9:42pm
post #2 of 5

Check her posts to find the big thread on her fondant. Her CC name is sugarflowers. I know she tells someone in one of the threads on her fondant when to add the color, and it might be in there. If that instruction is not there, check a few more. I know I had it, but it was saved in the computer that died last year.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Annabakescakes Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 9:46pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smore4us

I recently made Michele Foster's White Chocolate fondant and decided that it was pretty much to die for. I loved how the flavor blended with the buttercream and didn't have that chemically aftertaste. I used your basic white chocolate chips from the grocery because its what I had on hand. I wondered though how the Mercken's Super White chocolate melts would work with it. Would it make it the color any whiter? How does the flavor of the Mercken's compare? Also, I was fortunate to not have to color my first batch since it was "for taste only", but I was hoping someone could tell me how it takes color since it is more of an offwhite. Any tips?

Thanks as always!

I have used them, and it does!

cakeandpartygirl Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 10:12pm
post #4 of 5

It takes color really well! I am not sure about the taste for the chocolate but if you want a whiter color sub the butter for shortening and the milk for water. I do those subs and leave out the choc.and vanilla when I am going to use it to mimic gumpaste and add tylose powder. It's pure white and of course it doesn't taste as good.
I have heard that if you add a bit of purple it will take some of the yellow away. Others add white paste color to it. HTH

Smore4us Posted 18 Aug 2011 , 8:57pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks! I'll check those other threads too. I know when I make buttercream with part butter and part shortening, I have trouble getting the color right because its a little yellow to start with. Would adding a touch of purple also help to get a more accurate color (like a truer blue)?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%