Decorating By lacey622 Updated 16 Aug 2011 , 4:37am by lacey622

lacey622 Posted 15 Aug 2011 , 11:08pm
post #1 of 5

Anyone have suggestions on how to make either of these two cakes? I have seen the vertical style ruffle cake how to's everywhere...but nothing like this.

4 replies
candied-hearts Posted 15 Aug 2011 , 11:16pm
post #2 of 5

I actually just logged on to ask this same question... I'd be interested as well I love the look of the ruffle cakes

SharonWeeCreations Posted 15 Aug 2011 , 11:29pm
post #3 of 5

I would recommend rolling your fondant really thin, cutting strips and then frilling one side with the balling tool. Then apply to the cake from the bottom up. Or if you had a frill cutter you can use that too and also thin/ frill the edges.

Hope that makes sense!

LisaPeps Posted 15 Aug 2011 , 11:54pm
post #4 of 5

To me the first one looks like fondant, done the way PP posted. The second one is done in buttercream, here's the link . She states that she uses tip #104 to do the ruffling.

lacey622 Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 4:37am
post #5 of 5

Thank you! I will have to give this a try! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%