Online Cake Decorating Etc.

Decorating By justdessertsbyyesi Updated 31 Aug 2011 , 3:03am by JanH

justdessertsbyyesi Posted 15 Aug 2011 , 3:56pm
post #1 of 14

HI

I would like to expand my skills in cake, cookie and cupcakes with new Ideas and recipes. Is there an online school or courses someone can recommend??

13 replies
Cupcake615 Posted 15 Aug 2011 , 4:05pm
post #2 of 14

Wilton! They have student kits and courses at Michaels craft stores, few joann's and hobby lobby, too I believe. icon_smile.gif

kakeladi Posted 15 Aug 2011 , 4:10pm
post #3 of 14

Yes, check out YouTube. There are hundreds of videos to help you learn.
The idea of attending classes - yes, even Wilton, is they give you a good hands-on start from which one can build.
I remember some 40+ yrs ago when I wanted to get into decorating I had a dried b'cream rose and some books given to me but it made NO sense at all. Not until some 10 yrs later when I was able to attned classes did any of what I read begin to be understood.

platinumlady Posted 15 Aug 2011 , 4:20pm
post #4 of 14

Online you can go to mycakeschool.com it's only $30 for a year

SweetSouthernBakery Posted 15 Aug 2011 , 4:39pm
post #5 of 14

Sweet Wise has a channel on youtube and they do mini demos and are in the process of doing some online classes and they are amazing!

justdessertsbyyesi Posted 15 Aug 2011 , 8:16pm
post #6 of 14

Thanks. I did Wilton already. Are there any more out there?

FiveAlarmBakery Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 10:20pm
post #7 of 14

Check out youtube and the sites everyone mentioned.

Also, check out a couple books from the library, used book source, or ebay. Start at the beginning of the book, with a bag of icing, some waxed paper and do some trial and error. There are some awesome text books out there that actually explain enough technique to understand how to reproduce it in your kitchen!

Have Fun!

Mamasan Posted 18 Aug 2011 , 7:04pm
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumlady

Have any CC's out there done this?

platinumlady Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 9:54am
post #9 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumlady

Have any CC's out there done this?

Yes lots have. I've even done it & I teach Wilton Classes. Sometimes you just want to learn more techniques

justdessertsbyyesi Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 11:47pm
post #10 of 14

has anyone ever used yummyarts.com

JanH Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 1:27am
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath

Just to clarify, we do not delete threads just because they mention other suppliers, there are plenty of threads on here mentioning other suppliers.

The sites that are banned are banned because at some point they violated the forum rules and spammed cakecentral.com .

Sites that choose to spam do not get the benefit of exposure here.

Global Sugar Art is a great supplier, but there are other great suppliers as well, and when suppliers who are not banned are mentioned, those posts are left intact.

RE: PMs

We do not manually edit your PMs, the entire website has the banned site names in the replace database. Just like cursing. It is an automated process, we have no idea who tries to PM those site names or when.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=722965&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=15

josefina20 Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 2:08am
post #12 of 14

I would love to do the same,( online classes with video that i can do it from my own computer at home)

So far i found www.Yummyart . www.Cakedecorating.com and www.Mycakeschool.com

i am not a member yet, but i am thinking about it. hope this help.

jules5000 Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 2:26am
post #13 of 14

Well, I, am thankful that you explained things Jan, but I never saw any writing by Heath about this. Was this on another spot in CC or what? I am sure that if someone from YA spammed CC it was by accident and not intentional. I found out about them because of you, CC. But it is very frustrating to be trying to tell someone about a site that would help them and then have it blocked out. It does come across as very unprofessional to me. To me it is like not being able to rise above a misunderstanding or possibly a accidental situation which we all know happens with computers all the time. There is no site that is perfect all the time because of Computer glitches and so forth. I have had my fair share of problems with CC myself, but I do not stop using it.

JanH Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 3:03am
post #14 of 14

The quoted text was by Heath, with a link to the thread it came from. icon_smile.gif

If you'd like further clarification, you'd have to pm Heath directly.

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%