Kopykake Edible Ink Cartridges

Decorating By LoveMyKalystAmicio Updated 16 Aug 2011 , 6:19pm by jules5000

LoveMyKalystAmicio Posted 14 Aug 2011 , 9:03pm
post #1 of 7

Does anybody know...
I am buying a set of the 5 edible ink cartridges from kopykake and I was wondering if all of their cartridges are refillable. I've been unable to find the answer in a google search. Thanks!!

6 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 14 Aug 2011 , 9:09pm
post #2 of 7

From what I understand they are not refillable....I would personally buy cartidges from Icing Images as they offer a Gold label cartridge whcih is refillable and their Customer Service is top notch and Debbie(Owner) is a member here...Her product is excellent!!I don't hear very good things about Kopykake inks...

laje14 Posted 14 Aug 2011 , 9:18pm
post #3 of 7

They are refillable, but I have had lots of issues with the kopykake ink. I wouldn't buy them again.

jules5000 Posted 14 Aug 2011 , 9:37pm
post #4 of 7

THere are so many cake toys out there that I want and have to wait for. That is ok because in the process I learn many valuable things from all of you here at cake central forum. KopyKake is an affordable system for me, but if it is going to be capable of giving nothing but problems I do not want to consider it. Is Icing Images the same thing just another company? Is this IcingImages owned by Indydebbie or another debbie? I would like to learn more about it. Is that a website of it's own? Please tell me how to find them? thank you.

icingimages Posted 14 Aug 2011 , 10:59pm
post #5 of 7

HI Jules
I have a forum within cake central and also my own website at www.icingimages.com. I am not indydebi sorry, but she is an awesome member and has given great advice. We are a different company and carry the same types of products, but our own brand. Our newer series of cartridges are sponge free and can be refilled directly in the printer. Sponge free cartridges are made with food grade plastics, give you full use of all the ink in the printer and are alchol free. Sponged cartridges require the use of alcohol to prevent molds in the sponge from forming. Alcohol while it is neccessary in the sponged cartrdiges tends to burn out the printhead faster than without. Our icing sheets are different as well. They are flexible and withstand the elements. They are feature edge to edge printing and taste great! I hope this is helpful. Please feel free to email me, pm me or contact me here at Cake Central, I am always happy to help!

LoveMyKalystAmicio Posted 14 Aug 2011 , 11:37pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks everyone for your input. I'm no longer purchasing the kopykake cartridges!

jules5000 Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 6:19pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you so much Icingimages. This will definitely be helpful for me when I decide and have the money. Like I said there are a lot of cake toys that I want and would love to have, but which one first? I wish I had the money to not have to make that decision, but unfortunately that is not the case.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%