The Wilton School In Darien, Il

Decorating By thelittlebakeryshop Updated 15 Aug 2011 , 8:58am by Little1

thelittlebakeryshop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thelittlebakeryshop Posted 14 Aug 2011 , 6:12am
post #1 of 3

Wondering if anyone has taken the Master Class at the Wilton School? I'm about to sign up for a session and wondered if anyone had any tips or advice about the course, going there, staying there, etc. Is there anything important that I should know but isn't explained in the course outline? I'm a little nervous about spending all that $$$$ and I want to make sure I do it right.

Thanks,
Lisa

2 replies
sewsugarqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsugarqueen Posted 14 Aug 2011 , 7:33pm
post #2 of 3

a) bring a camera and lots of pens to take photos and notes
b) part of the cost is the fact that the tools are supplies and you get to keep them ( I had bought a bunch of them ahead of time... so ended up with all these doubles
c) Contact them for the hotels nearby... those are great and one even runs a shuttle to and from class. ( my biggest regret was staying with family and having to drive 45 minutes each way. Decided next time I would stay at hotel
d) be prepared to work and be tired but it's worth it
e) Be prepared to really do a number on your credit card cause there are so many things you can buy at the store. I didn't live near a store with Wilton's stuff so I bought a lot of stuff to take home.
Bring extra bubble wrap to cushion your practice cakes in the boxes you get to take home.
There is a small deli/sandwich place in the plaza to buy lunch but you might want to bring your own stuff for breakfast or coffee.

Will say it's worth the money!!! The teachers are great and learned a lot.

Little1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Little1 Posted 15 Aug 2011 , 8:58am
post #3 of 3

When are you planning on taking it? I just registered for it. I'm so excited. I've done so much research and have probably read everything I can about it. Every post and comment from people that have taken it. From my research, it's really worth the time and money. The only thing you need to bring is yourself. Many people have advised bringing an apron as well. I researched all the hotels and have decided to stay at the Marriott Towne Place Suites. You have to call them directly to get the Wilton rate and they run a shuttle to and from the class so you don't need to rent a car. There's shopping next door and you get a full kitchen.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%