Cake Pops Shipping

Baking By kiki36 Updated 19 Aug 2011 , 1:49pm by Mamasan

kiki36 Posted 14 Aug 2011 , 4:11am
post #1 of 5

I don't if this was already posted but the question I have is how would you or do you ship cake pops?

4 replies
ForTheLoveOfFrosting Posted 15 Aug 2011 , 8:28pm
post #2 of 5

for cake balls (without sticks), I bought great boxes and trays that hold 8 cake balls. I use those frequently. For the cake pops (with sticks), I tend to layer them in a very VERY sturdy box, using bubble wrap between layers - and then use an outer carton.

Mamasan Posted 18 Aug 2011 , 7:29pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfFrosting

for cake balls (without sticks), I bought great boxes and trays that hold 8 cake balls. I use those frequently. For the cake pops (with sticks), I tend to layer them in a very VERY sturdy box, using bubble wrap between layers - and then use an outer carton.

Do you FedEx or UPS for next day delivery? What about warmer weather (like now)?

FromScratchSF Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 5:50am
post #4 of 5

I recently read an article about a grandma that mails a cake to her grandson every year and the cake gets to him in perfect condition. It was supposed to be a love-in piece for the USPS. But of course, that's grandma and apparently it's A-OK since she's not a commercial bakery selling her goods. So, are you selling your cake pops? Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but if so, you need to check with the FDA when shipping any type of food. Lots and LOTS of people don't know this, especially on this site, so I thought I'd tell you just in case. There are serious protocols you need to follow, like registering with the FDA, having FDA approved packaging and labels including nutritional info, cooking out of an FDA inspected kitchen, having recall protocols established and filed, and a whole bunch of other hoops that you jump on an ongoing basis. State and local laws can be a slap on the wrist, but the FDA is no joke and their enforcement falls under Federal anti-terrorism legislation. And if you ship across state lines that's interstate commerce, again Federal and a big no-no unless you follow all FDA guidelines. So no disrespect to ForTheLoveOfFrosting, but a Wilton cake pop box and bubble wrap for commercially sold baked goods does not sound good enough to meet the FDA, but I could be wrong and hope I don't make anyone mad if they have FDA certification using that packaging and shipping method.

Of course, if you (and ForTheLoveOfFrosting) are just sending cake pops to your mom or a relative not for profit, disregard my Debbie Downer post of the day. icon_biggrin.gif

Mamasan Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 1:49pm
post #5 of 5

I bake for family only, but this is good information to know. Thanks! [/quote]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%