Anyone Used Fat Daddio's Cake Leveler?

Decorating By tigerhawk83 Updated 21 Oct 2011 , 3:37pm by Walkinmomma

tigerhawk83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tigerhawk83 Posted 14 Aug 2011 , 12:22am
post #1 of 9

I'm just a hobby baker but am ready to upgrade from my little Wilton leveler. There is no way that I can justify an Agbay but I saw this Fat Daddio's leveler and thought it might be better. I know a lot of folks here use Fat Daddio's pans, but has anyone used the leveler? I've put a link to the photo.

http://www.fatdaddios.com/catalog/cake-levelers-5-3

8 replies
danizabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danizabe Posted 14 Aug 2011 , 12:42am
post #2 of 9

to tell you the true its not worthy,i got it and i feel sorry for the money i spent no difference from the wilton, i dont know about other people experience to me garbage icon_rolleyes.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 14 Aug 2011 , 1:59am
post #3 of 9

It's gotten pretty bad reviews on here. Really, the Agbay is the only leveler worth the money. You will not regret buying it.

KodiSnip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KodiSnip Posted 14 Aug 2011 , 12:59pm
post #4 of 9

thumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gif I bought one and its horrible. Bad craftmanship bad levelling ... what a waste of $$ and time messing around with it! I now just use a couple of plastic wrapped cardboard boards in the bottom of the cake pan to bring a cake up to height and use the cake pan as a cutting guide for my knife. Works like a charm!

victoria7310 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
victoria7310 Posted 14 Aug 2011 , 1:35pm
post #5 of 9

It's awful! I bought it and it's impossible to use... Bad in every way. I think I have bought every leveller on the market (except the Agbay) looking for something that will do a decent job at an affordable price and can honestly say they are ALL terrible. My husband thinks I have probably spent as much money trying to find a good cheap leveller as I would have if I had just splashed out and got the Agbay! I need to get it.

pinkpiggie78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkpiggie78 Posted 14 Aug 2011 , 1:52pm
post #6 of 9

Agbay had the Agbay Jr at ICES this year. I believe it has a blade 14" long, so it is smaller than the traditional one and I assume it will be less expensive.

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 14 Aug 2011 , 2:06pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiSnip

thumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gif I bought one and its horrible. Bad craftmanship bad levelling ... what a waste of $$ and time messing around with it! I now just use a couple of plastic wrapped cardboard boards in the bottom of the cake pan to bring a cake up to height and use the cake pan as a cutting guide for my knife. Works like a charm!

Ditto!

tigerhawk83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tigerhawk83 Posted 14 Aug 2011 , 6:13pm
post #8 of 9

PinkPiggie - thanks for the info on Agbay Jr. That may be what I'll wait for. Just checked Agbay's site and it's not there yet so they probably haven't rolled it out yet for purchase but I will keep checking. 14" would certainly be big enough for anything I do at home.

Walkinmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Walkinmomma Posted 21 Oct 2011 , 3:37pm
post #9 of 9

The Agbay jr is now on their site-sells for $125.00 with one blade. Looked at the Fat Daddio's and the Martellato(looks just like Fat Daddio's only twice as expensive!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%