Topper Made By Bride

Decorating By kelcyrenee Updated 13 Aug 2011 , 11:43pm by kelcyrenee

kelcyrenee Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 9:53pm
post #1 of 6

So I made a cupcake tower with a small cake on the top for a wedding today. The bride told me she had a topper that she made and will give it to me then. I set everything up and she hands me the topper. I told her it was very pretty and she responded, "Thanks. I used feathers from my pet raven that died. I did clean them." What?!?!? Thankfully the feathers didn't touch the cake and it was only for the bride and groom for their anniversary cake. But I really did not need to know that.

5 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 10:02pm
post #2 of 6

Feathers and cake just do not go together, for me...and I have pet birds, so I'm not just one of those people who thinks birds are gross.

It's good that the topper had meaning for the bride...and it's even better that only she and the groom were going to be eating that cake!

playingwithsugar Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 10:08pm
post #3 of 6
Originally Posted by kelcyrenee

But I really did not need to know that.

That's for sure.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

cas17 Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 10:12pm
post #4 of 6

simplysouthern Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 10:22pm
post #5 of 6

Um I'm disturbed on many levels, its like Martha Stewart and the Grimm Reader craft time!

kelcyrenee Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 11:43pm
post #6 of 6

It really was weird. They had pictures of ravens on all the tables, a bird cage thing and the dj said that they were going to enter with a sword fight. And I almost forgot, they were cutting the cake with a hunting knife. I was really surprised when I got there because I really didn't see this coming after working with the mom about the cupcakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%