Cake Disaster...

Decorating By bodaisy Updated 13 Aug 2011 , 10:12pm by cakestyles

bodaisy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bodaisy Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 9:43pm
post #1 of 4

My first EVER disaster.. A customer wanted to order a cupcake cake in the design of her daughter's invitations.. At first the cake came out really cute so I just left it in the container went about my business. I didn't refrigerate it as it was fairly cool in the house (compared to the 90degree weather we were having). I picked up the cake to deliver it and just happened to look down and I had HOLES everywhere.. So of course I'm standing there with my mouth agape and I'm thinking OH no! what do I do??

So I tried to fix it as best I could threw (not literally) in the fridge to hopefully cool it down for delivery. Thankfully the lady lives just down the street. I high tailed it to her house and started banging on the door and handed the carrier to her husband and told them to put it in the fridge IMMEDIATELY..

I was so embarrassed I gave it to her for FREE!!! They thought I was nuts but I just couldn't give it to them like that and still charge.

I couldn't attach the pics here but they are the pirate cakes in my gallery

3 replies
kel58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kel58 Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 10:02pm
post #2 of 4

Was the pic taken before disaster struck? I dont see anything wrong with it. If that was taken after the disaster then i can see why they thought you were nuts.
Sorry you had to go through the stress of a disaster. Pour yourself a nice drink and put your feet up and relax for a little while.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 10:04pm
post #3 of 4

It's really cute.

My guess is that the container was the culprit, rather than the heat. Something about those airtight cake carriers pulls the mosture from the cake and melts the frosting with it. Next time, a cardboard cake board and box would probably do better.

cakestyles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestyles Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 10:12pm
post #4 of 4

ok I see in one of the pictures the holes you mentioned, but it looks like you did a great job repairing it.

I hope they drop off payment for you because you really deserve to be paid, it looked great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%