Christening Cake

Decorating By tracieduran Updated 14 Aug 2011 , 12:09pm by cakestyles

tracieduran Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 9:28pm
post #1 of 7

Hi everyone,
I really need some help as I have been asked to make a christening cake for a 3 year old boy. I have no idea as to what to do for this cake. Can you reccomend some ideas please. I do not have children so a bit stuck on this one....

6 replies
poohsmomma Posted 14 Aug 2011 , 2:22am
post #2 of 7

I did a search in the first communion section of the gallery. I couldn't find christening. Here's what came up:

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&meta=search&type=full&search=baptism%2C+boy&album=21&search_user=

katj012 Posted 14 Aug 2011 , 2:41am
post #3 of 7

I just actually did my second christening cake today! In both cases, I just kind of gave up with the christening idea and did a "boy" cake, and then at the last minute stuck a cross on there. You can see the one I did on my page, it has baby blocks spelling the boy's name, and I did polka dots and fondant billowing. For the cake I did today, I did argyle and polka dots.

Honestly, I think it doesn't really matter what you do as much... Make it about a boy, and add some religious symbol at the end. I drove myself crazy trying to figure out a design that was religious, and eventually gave up and just did what I wanted icon_smile.gif

All my ideas came from boy baby shower cakes icon_smile.gif

cakestyles Posted 14 Aug 2011 , 2:41am
post #4 of 7

I recently noticed that CC galleries doesn't have a christening/baptism section as I too was looking for inspiration.

I love the Noah's ark themed cakes and of course you can always make a cross cake.

I would ask the parents and see if they have any ideas.

howboutbake Posted 14 Aug 2011 , 2:50am
post #5 of 7

I believe white doves are a pretty universal symbol that could be worked in nicely..and of course the cross.

If they are Catholic, there is lots of imagery to draw from...you could replicate designs from the baptismal candle etc... but as for other denominations I'm not sure what the stance is on symbols etc. (I'm Catholic so that's pretty much all I know icon_smile.gif )

I definitely would get back in touch with the parents and try and get some more input. Religion can be a sensitive issue.

katj012 Posted 14 Aug 2011 , 2:59am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakestyles

I recently noticed that CC galleries doesn't have a christening/baptism section as I too was looking for inspiration.

I actually just wrote to CC the other day asking them to add the category! icon_smile.gif

cakestyles Posted 14 Aug 2011 , 12:09pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by katj012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakestyles

I actually just wrote to CC the other day asking them to add the category! icon_smile.gif

Great idea! I hope they do.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%