Cake Designer Interview

Business By drkangel200

drkangel200 Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 5:22pm
post #1 of 1

Hello all!

Soooo about 3 years ago I started doing amature cakes out of my home after becoming interested in Cake Decorating. I'm self taught, and I must say I'm pretty good at it.
I don't have any formal training, I have taken no classes. I did work for Cold Stone Creamery for 2 years making their basic ice cream cakes.

I sent my resume and portfolio to a local bakery that was rated one of the Top Bakeries in the DC metro area. They called me and set up an "estage"(I dont know if I'm spelling that right....I've never heard of it before lol) and an interview for Monday morning.

The owner explained to me that the Estage was for me to come in for a few hours and show them what I can do/ If I like the bakery/ if the bakery likes me/ ect.

Sooo my questions are:

1. What can I expect do be doing during the Estage? Making a cake? Showing piping skills? What? lol
2. What should I wear to the interview?? Usually I would pick business causal, but the owner informed me they would be providing a hair net and apron and to make sure I have something to pull my hair back with.

Thank you so much in advanced guys! I'm just extremely nervous! I've never gone out for a job like this, I just wanted to finally have a job I love going to! Attached are some pics of my work!

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%