post #1 of 23

is called to order.

Who's up?

Whatcha workin' on?

22 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 2:40am
post #2 of 23

Nothing for me his week. Nothing. But it's OK, I'm thoroughy enjoying the break!

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 2:55am
post #3 of 23

I'm up and state fair cakes - 3 of them......love the ribbons. Took three in county fair so far this year. I especially love getting more then one ribbon per cake. I'm a ribbon junkie!!!!LOL

Ashleyssweetdesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ashleyssweetdesigns Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 3:01am
post #4 of 23

Just finished two cakes for my daughters birthday barbecue tomorrow. I post photos in the morning. So exhausted I'm going to bed now!

JSKConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JSKConfections Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 3:03am
post #5 of 23

Hello! Finishing up a 2 tier Rapunzel cake. A Tampy Bay Bucs birthday cake (simple sheet) and
baking the cakes for a baby shower little prince 2 tier with 48 minis for Sunday. I have 48 little crowns
cut out and made a big crown for on top. Probably a couple of more hours ahead for tonight!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 3:05am
post #6 of 23

looks like a slow night around here.

Keciak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Keciak Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 3:05am
post #7 of 23

I'm getting rested up after a sweet 16 high tea for my daughter on Monday and a huge rainbow layer cake for her to celebrate with her youth group and I'm headed to Lewiston, ID in the am. Next week I'm going to attempt a tea pot cake for her and my mom for a family party. Their birthdays are 1 day apart. Then it's no more cake until my blood sugar returns to normal!

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 3:08am
post #8 of 23

JSKConfections - Hey there fellow MinnieSNOWtan! Good weather for baking - finally.......whew.

KalisCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KalisCakes Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 3:11am
post #9 of 23

ahhh it's a light weekend for me. A cake and dessert spread, a la Transformers, and samples for a Vendor Spotlight at Al's Formal Wear for tomorrow, then a Hello Kitty spread for Sunday. I actually get to get caught up on laundry this weekend!!! YAY!!!

FiveAlarmBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FiveAlarmBakery Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 3:11am
post #10 of 23

I havent been on here in a bit, but I thought I'd say hey to all you Friday Night gals and guys!

Just finished and delivered a 3 tier wedding cake with golden greek key accents around it. It was lovely, but my hands are killing after all of the little Greek Key embellishments.

wooo.... now on to plotting my husbands very belated South Park themed birthday cake. icon_smile.gif

JSKConfections Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 3:12am
post #11 of 23

You got that right...been way too hot this summer! UFF Da!! lol icon_smile.gif

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 3:25am
post #12 of 23

Wow, slow night! Two cakes this week...Bridal shower and kids birthday. So I spent a lot of time making fondant figures and pieces to put onto the cakes. Not a bad week at all compared to some (48 minis!!! AARRGGH...I'd go insane!) This upcoming week I'll be working on more fondant pieces but I only have cupcakes due for a scrapbooking party I get to stay for!!! I'm SO excited! I hardly ever get a chance to indulge in that hobby!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Cat

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 3:39am
post #13 of 23

working on some cupcakes and a cake for our family reunion tomorrow...actually NOT reunion related icon_lol.gif cupcakes are for my grandmother's bday and a small 6" cake for my cousin who just got hitched in Florida at the end of July icon_biggrin.gif

trying to make some gingham fabric look for the cupcakes tonight...hoping my plan works

pieceacake830 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pieceacake830 Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 3:46am
post #14 of 23

Its my birthday, so what did I do with my day? Bake 300 cupcakecakes, and make 180 simple suagr flowers for a wedding tomorrow, of course! Ha Ha... I did get to sneek few extras in the oven, and made myself the most awesome chocolate fudge cupcake with peanut butter filling and dark chocolate ganche I've ever had! Yummy! If I wasnt so full, I'd have another!

JSKConfections Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 3:53am
post #15 of 23

Happy Birthday pieceacake830!! What a lovely day you've had! lol icon_smile.gif Your cupcake does sound yummy!!

DSmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DSmo Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 4:05am
post #16 of 23

Just finished making a gumpaste dinosaur (shoulda done him Wednesday) for my good friend's son's birthday cake. Will bake and decorate tomorrow. Just a little 7" cake and two dozen cupcakes for Sunday. But I'm really looking forward to this one. After some initial struggles, the dino came out really cute! Plus, Noah turns three this year and I've been fortunate enough to make all his birthday cakes! icon_biggrin.gif

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 4:15am
post #17 of 23

Happy birthday pieceacake830!

I have a massive wedding cake for me - 200 people. Biggest I've ever done. It's for friends so I have creative control - and of course I wanted to do a bunch of stuff I can't seem to get people to pay me to do, so I'm fondant covering, I'm quilting, I've made sugar flowers, I'll be trying a new stencil technique with sanding sugar, and I've made a royal icing monogram using Lambeth. It's gonna be awesome.

I have 3 of 4 tiers fondant covered/quilted, will do #4 tomorrow along with the rest of the decorations (wedding is on Sunday).

I am seriously excited about this cake!

Jen

cheriej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheriej Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 4:15am
post #18 of 23

hey everyone! Not much going on here. I did a dinner for a church group of 40 teens last week and I baked all the cookies etc. so I'm off this week. Have not been doing much on the cake side. Will get back to it when I get back from vacation in October. Am still looking for a good red velvet cupcake recipe and I found a few to try on this site so will see what happens.

DoniB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoniB Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 4:26am
post #19 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

is called to order.

Who's up?

Whatcha workin' on?

Oh wow! The friday night cake club is still going??? I think I remember when that got started! icon_smile.gif

I haven't been on in quite awhile, but I'm baaaaackkkkk! icon_smile.gif I'm not working on cakes tonight, but I do have a few informal things planned for the weekend. Instead, I'm working on getting packaging and other business essentials figured out, as I have a kitchen that I can now work out of, and I can FINALLY get my business off the ground, if all goes well. icon_smile.gif

DoniB

kathie-d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathie-d Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 7:00am
post #20 of 23

I'm sure most everyone is sleeping now...it is midnight here on the west coast! I had a last minute birthday cake for today and a 3 tier Wedding cake with calla lillies I delivered this afternoon. Now I am working on a "Kiss" themed birthday for tomorrow. It is turning out pretty well. It's an 8" round done to look like Gene Simmons' painted face. Just need to add some texture to the hair and I am calling it a night! Oh and Happy Birthday pieceofcake!

KakeMistress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KakeMistress Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 7:25am
post #21 of 23

was working on a corset cake for my sisters neighbor, He turns 60 tomorrow and after a day full of stress caused by fondant I can happily say its FINALLY done. I am exausted and tomorrow get to start on some fondant figures and gumpaste flowers for 2 cakes due on the 27th... I am going to be super busy but it will be well worth it.

luvtocreate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvtocreate Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 7:32am
post #22 of 23

Just finished covering my son's 2 tier cake with black fondant and will hopefully finish decorating it tomorrow morning. He wanted a pokemon black birthday. Will be beginning a mermaid cake for my niece on Sunday.

pieceacake830 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pieceacake830 Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 12:49pm
post #23 of 23

Thank you!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%