Hazelnut Buttercream Help!!!!

Baking By townsendkyra Updated 20 Aug 2011 , 4:11pm by EnglishCakeLady

townsendkyra Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 11:52pm
post #1 of 12

Im making a cake for a baby shower and i wanted to try a hazelnut buttercream but i dont have a recipe (new to the cake world). The cake is going to be chocolate and white cake. Thanks for any and all suggestions!

11 replies
coloradoflower Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 12:04am
post #2 of 12

How about if you use a hazelnut coffee creamer or hazelnut liqueur for the liquid in the butter cream, not sure if they have hazelnut extract or oil.

Bev55 Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 12:14am
post #3 of 12

If you are using chocolate buttercream, then you can use Nutella (hazelnut spread). You can find it near the jelly and peanut butter. It makes a very tasty filling or icing for cakes. You mix it into your buttercream, and like magic - Hazelnut buttercream.

bohemiagetsajob Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 12:35am
post #4 of 12

I agree with Bev55. Nutella is yummy!

southerncross Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 12:41am
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev55

If you are using chocolate buttercream, then you can use Nutella (hazelnut spread). You can find it near the jelly and peanut butter. It makes a very tasty filling or icing for cakes. You mix it into your buttercream, and like magic - Hazelnut buttercream.

Absolutely in agreement with Bev55....Nutella makes the best bc ever. I add it to mouselline and it is divine.

SHYLERScakes Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 12:57am
post #6 of 12

nutella and hazelnut cofee creamer for the liquid (instead of milk or cream if you use any) so it gives it a little extra hazelnut flavor =)

Kaykaymay Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 1:22am
post #7 of 12

I always use hazelnut coffee creamer only. I know this might upset some people but I hate the taste of Nutella. The chocolate part of it just tastes really fake to me.

Dr_Hfuhruhurr Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 1:31am
post #8 of 12

What you really need is praline paste. It's made with hazelnuts and makes for a delicious buttercream. You can buy it pre made or make it yourself, and it blows Nutella out of the water.

pastrygirls Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 1:57am
post #9 of 12

i agree with dr_hfuhruhurr. praline paste is the way to go. nutella is pretty awesome, but if you want a really hazelnutty taste, then go with the praline paste. can find it online im sure, or just blend hazelnuts in a food processor with a lil sugar and a touch of oil till it turns into "peanut butter" it should be pretty thick like peanut butter.

townsendkyra Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 3:46pm
post #10 of 12

thanks for all the tips i think ill try them all

townsendkyra Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 3:47pm
post #11 of 12

thanks for all the tips i think ill try them all

EnglishCakeLady Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 4:11pm
post #12 of 12

I was waiting to see if anyone would suggest actually using hazelnuts! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%