First Tasting Tonight Help Needed

Baking By melonball Updated 16 Aug 2011 , 12:22am by xoxoemilyrae

melonball Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 3:35pm
post #1 of 7

I am making cupcakes for my friends wedding and I am doing some for them to try tonight.
She wants them to be chocolate and vanilla with white frosting.
So I have made the cupcakes and just about to start frosting them when I thought what if they want a different frosting on a different cupcake!?

So I have white chocolate cream cheese, cream cheese and buttercream (UK style) and 6 cupcakes, 2 vanilla, 2 chocolate, 2 white chocolate.

Should I just frost them any way? Or just frost half so she can see design she asked about then take 3 un-frosted and some frosting seperate???

What do you think?

p.s I'm in UK

6 replies
JamAndButtercream Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 5:59pm
post #2 of 7

Hi,
sorry I was a bit confused, you have 6 cupcakes, 2 of each 3 flavours, and you have 3 different white frostings for the tops, and you don't know whether to frost 3 cupcakes, one of each flavours, with one of each frostings and leave 3 cupcakes unfrosted?

Have I got that right?

JamAndButtercream Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 6:20pm
post #3 of 7

Hi,
Just thinking about what you said, and I think you should frost all six cupcakes, so they can each have a cupcake to try, (might be a bit stange if they have to share a cupcake icon_lol.gif ) and then at the end of the taste testing you can ask what flavour of cake they like the best and what frosting they liked the best, and the result should be their perfect cupcake!

hope this helps, good luck thumbs_up.gif

southerncross Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 6:37pm
post #4 of 7

That's a lot of cupcake consumption. I'd be inclined to take unfrosted cupcakes and put the various frostings in separate containers /plates and using a fork, they can cake a bit of cake and sample a frosting...then another bit of cake, another frosting.

cakegrandma Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 6:53pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

That's a lot of cupcake consumption. I'd be inclined to take unfrosted cupcakes and put the various frostings in separate containers /plates and using a fork, they can cake a bit of cake and sample a frosting...then another bit of cake, another frosting.

Ditto !

LisaPeps Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 6:58pm
post #6 of 7

I get what you are saying, you have 2 cupcakes in 3 different flavours but 3 different buttercreams, so they won't be able to try each cake with each different flavour buttercream.

Maybe you could not frost any of them. Have you got any nice decorative saucers, bowls and spoons? If it were me, I would put each unfrosted cupcake on a saucer and each different buttercream in it's own bowl then provide them with a spoon and say dig in. They can mix and match the buttercreams and cakes then.

Bit like this photo

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1764730

or this one

http://www.bridalbuds.com/2010/02/first-cake-tasting/

xoxoemilyrae Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 12:22am
post #7 of 7

I do cupcakes for my tastings as well, and I don't frost any of them. I just have a fork and little bowls of frosting for "dipping."

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%