Help For A Beginner Please

Baking By susie75 Updated 12 Aug 2011 , 2:09pm by ljchevygirl

susie75 Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 1:57pm
post #1 of 4

Apart from baking cakes for my family and one birthday cake I am a novice at cake making.
My son wants a Sonic the Hedgehog themed birthday and I thought the easiest way of doing a cake would be to do a cupcake tower. I was going to get a few Sonic figures to decorate the top of the tower but has anyone got any ideas for the cupcakes themselves? I was thinking blue icing and maybe some of those sugar diamonds could be chaos diamonds that are in his Sonic game. Can anyone give me any other tips, advice, ideas?

Thank you.

3 replies
deuceofcakes Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 2:07pm
post #2 of 4

I'd google "sonic the hedgehog cake" or cupcakes, which is an easy way to get ideas about how others have tackled the same challenge. That should help to get you started down the design path. You can pick and choose ideas you like and add your own twist. Good luck!

Lemmers Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 2:08pm
post #3 of 4

You could also use fondant to make the gold rings he collects maybe? Attach some around the cupcakes?

ljchevygirl Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 2:09pm
post #4 of 4

One thing that always helps me when looking for ideas, is to go to the search button on here and put in whatever you are looking for. I looked up Sonic cupcakes and pictures came up. You may be able to get ideas from there. I am still fairly new on here myself but, that is what I always do. I found my ideas for a corset cake and a purse cake that I will be posting pictures of later today when I get them finished. Hope this helps you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%