Bambi Standing Up

Decorating By tracey6277 Updated 12 Aug 2011 , 12:26pm by tracey6277

tracey6277 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey6277 Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 8:55am
post #1 of 7

morning..... ok so i have gone full circle on what to do on my daughters 3rd birthday cake, was going to do a tom and jerry but now gone off that idea, ive seen loads of bambi cakes but they are all laying down. im wanting to do one that is standing up. i roughly know how i am going to build the frame for the legs and the plate which the actual cake is going to sit on plus all the support for the head BUT the one thing that i cant figure out is under the belly is curved but obviously with the wooden plate its flat.

SO how do i get it curved?

has anyone else done a animal standing up? any tips if you have?

6 replies
mckaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mckaren Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 10:57am
post #2 of 7

Is it possible to stick RKT (or something similar) to the underside and cover that with chocolate plastique to make it stick to the wood? I have never don't this before, just thinking of tv shows and hoping it will trigger a solution for you. icon_smile.gif

tracey6277 Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 11:23am
post #3 of 7

i was thinking the same but the issue in getting them to stick is what i cant get my head around. Im in the UK and watch ace of cakes which is where i got my idea from. its not going to be a massive cake as its only for a few of us. im thinking its going to have to be flat underneath, im trying to find pictures of other cakes where the animals are standing up but not getting anywhere.

Jojoscakes1000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jojoscakes1000 Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 11:23am
post #4 of 7

I would use styrofoam or polysterene its light and won't weight the cake down. You can then stick it with hot glue or even double sided tape providing its stuk onto the cake board and not actually the cake!!!icon_smile.gif

tracey6277 Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 11:49am
post #5 of 7

the actual cake is bambi standing up, bambi isnt going to be an addition to a cake..... its my daughters birthday tuesday so havnt exactly left myself much time!! i know i will work it out, was going to ask charmcity cakes but they are on holiday until monday. im sure i will work it out somehow.

mckaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mckaren Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 11:49am
post #6 of 7

Oooh fab idea - job done! icon_biggrin.gif

tracey6277 Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 12:26pm
post #7 of 7

would ganache stick to wood? then put fondant on top?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%