Polka Dot Print On Fondant

Decorating By ChelleW Updated 12 Aug 2011 , 9:26am by ChelleW

ChelleW Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 5:51am
post #1 of 4

Hi on a recent cake I was desperate to have tiny dots on my fondant to match the vintage style ribbon I was using. I hand painted some but they weren't the neatest thing ever! Any ideas? I would also like to know how to put little flat white dots on fondant - i know if i tried to pipe them they would have spikes on the end!! icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
jillyscakes Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 6:09am
post #2 of 4

I use flower paste as is can roll out really thin with tiny circle cutter leave them to air dry for a short while so the don't lose their shape when putting on cake. If you pipe them a paintbrush will flatten any spikes. icon_smile.gif

msthang1224 Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 6:14am
post #3 of 4

I agree with jillyscakes use the fondant circles. dependant upon how small or large u want the polka dots to be, u use that size cirlce cutter.

Also, if u want to pipe the tinys dots then after piping a few at a time, let dry for a few seconds and then use a tiny brush, slightly wet to flatten out the spikes.

ChelleW Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 9:26am
post #4 of 4

Great thanks I'm not sure my piping is up to it as I am after a tiny dot but will def give it a go! Did I see somewhere that you can paint that wilton white on white stuff on or did I make that up?

Quote by @%username% on %date%