Bridge And Fountain Cake - Decor?

Decorating By tal Updated 6 Sep 2011 , 6:58pm by liverpoolcupcake

tal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tal Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 8:39pm
post #1 of 2

I have a bride who wants her cake to have the bridge and fountain with the tiers, etc.

Thanks to a wonderful baker on this site, she has been such a help to me in figuring out the display and giving me lots of great tips!

Now I'm trying to figure out how to decorate these tiers.

The fountain I have no problem with but the bridge she provided me is not filigree or clear. It has these hearts and 'x''s on them.

She is using blue hydrangea, red and white roses and green ivy and I am trying to figure some type of decor for this cake that isn't going to be too busy!

She doesn't want Fondant and teh BC will be pure white, but what type of decor should I put on the tiers? Should I stick with one flower/color and make them out of gumpaste or royal icing?

Should I do scrolls or dots???? I am clueless b/c of the variety of colors and bridge not matching the fountain or pillars......arghhhhh....

Please anyone with ideas to keep this thing as simple as possible but still stunning? '

thank you,
lis

1 reply
liverpoolcupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liverpoolcupcake Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 6:58pm
post #2 of 2

can i ask where you got your fountain from ??? im in the uk and finding it really difficult to get one .....also.. can you trail the ivy onto the bridge to disguise ??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%